Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ebay is it just crap
  • A bit of a question regarding current attitudes towards eBay

Recently I sold an item on eBay Nothing spectacular but the guy used buy it now then started asking loads of questions,He has since dissappeared off the planet.I personally would ask questions first before pushing the BIN button.This is the first time this has ever happened so I’m a bit put out TBH.

I recentley also tried to buy some things (vintage machinery parts in varying conditions some of these are parts are known to crack) ,So I enquired about their condition which I would have thought was reasonable. Not one seller even replied ,I can understand if they just can’t be arsed as it may be easier just to hope someone keeps bidding and doesn’t ask any questions ,but do people generaly not give a damn?

I think I will just avoid from now on as in 7 years of buying and selling the odd item I have never had one problem.

highclimber
    Free Member

TBH I think the website is overly complex and not user friendly. That said, there are some extra ‘special’ people on there who don’t understand the BIN button means exactly that!

uwe-r
    Free Member

on balance it is good but as with any form of buying selling second hand there are some prize nobs out there!

user-removed
    Free Member

I used to be on ebay a fair bit (750 odd feedback) but really try to avoid it these days, unless I’m buying something new on BIN. Almost all of my last few second hand transactions (buying and selling) have just been far, far more hassle than it’s worth. Some of them have been a total ‘mare.

It’s a pity, but shadey buyers have come to realise there’s very little comeback, so they can dick you around as much as they like.

I had almost the same situation as you when I tried to sell my car last year – cost me loads of extra cash and really, badly ticked me off…

nealglover
    Free Member

I think I will just avoid from now on as in 7 years of buying and selling the odd item I have never had one problem.

Sounds like a reason to use it, rather than avoid it.

cbike
    Free Member

Waste of time. It’s far too complicated. I learned the hard way and will never use it again.
    Hell mend you if you make a mistake and fail to have proof of condition before the item leaves you. My buyer ignored all my email comms and would only respond via the ebay system. I arranged and lost money on two courier collections. You’d think a courier turning up would be clue that things were being sorted. They Returned the goods saying they were damaged and minus remote controls and manuals and said I had to claim from the courier.
    He had got two items at the going rate and could have ripped me off on the third. if he had been less of a muppet from the start he could have got the right items. By then I was resigned to losing my items and my money, having given a full refund, arranged couriers and been mucked around for a month. I suspect he just wanted free remote controls. Whats the point in private feedback you can’t read anyway.

Evening all

Don’t get me wrong I’m the kind of bloke who if you say ah sorry mate I dont want it now, It’s not a problem for me Sure I will just leave feedback saying what happened and get my listing fees back.

I was just wondering if folks hiding behind their eBay accounts just take the piss generally these days or maybe I’m just having an ureasonable grumble on t’internet Maybe if they had to put the money up front before bidding they would think twice?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

One issue in 7 years ain’t a massive reason for categorically saying you’re off eBay for good, tht’s not bad going.

Buy It Nows? Well, I think there is an option you can set to either force people to pay straight away or it stays up for sale. I think with no seller feedback now it’s easy to ‘buy’ something to ‘reserve’ it and have a look around for any better deals and not bother paying.

I just put them on a barred list so they can’t buy anything from me again. And then just move on. To be honest most stuff (even junk) sells fairly well so it just takes another few days to shift.

seavers
    Free Member

It’s not good if you are a witch.

Buy It Nows? Well, I think there is an option you can set to either force people to pay straight away or it stays up for sale. I think with no seller feedback now it’s easy to ‘buy’ something to ‘reserve’ it and have a look around for any better deals and not bother paying.

I never knew this.

I will have to relist but will use this method.
    Ironic really the guy works in insolvency.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Yes utterly so. No obligation for winning bidders to pay which isnt the impression i used to have but now confirmed Mark Gingell from Essex owes me £495!
    Pillock until I contactva local debt collector.
    Ebay staff are more than useless and do not back up their words with action!!!
    Avoid at all costs for sure

yunki
    Free Member

It’s not good if you are a witch.

exactly..

lodious
    Free Member

TBH, I don’t have such a problem with ebay, it’s paypal that’s really putting me off using it. I’ve taken to using old syle classified ad’s and selling stuff cheap as I can’t be arsed with the fee’s / paypal agro.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ebay is it just crap’ is closed to new replies.