Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ebay help please re a buyer dispute
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

Hi all,

So I sold a jacket and the buyer said it ‘doesnt fit’ I do accept returns, but its not happened before. A normal returns was opened,then closed within a day and a ‘ not as described ‘ case opened with resolutions before I had even replied to the original returns case.

Papal dispute. How best to pursue? What about postage costs? Do I get him to send back first or refund via paypal?

Acvice please.

Paul

nealglover
    Free Member

Don’t refund until you have it in your hands.

tjagain

return ‘cos it doesn’t fit – he pays postage back and you don’t refund until its returned intact. Presumably why he has chosen the other route ” not as described” you pay postage and he gets refunded by paypal

Alphabet

What tjagain said. He’s trying (probably successfully) to wriggle out of paying return postage

I’d suggest you just take it on the chin, pay to have the item returned and sell it again to hopefully an honest buyer next time. Make sure you block him once you get it back so you don’t have to deal with him again.

tjagain

personally I would fight the not as described as yo should have a piece of evidence that it is not true in the message from him

RichPenny
    Free Member

Think this is why lots of people put measurements on their auctions. Am with TJ, that he should be able to say why it’s not as described. Presumably you listed the size correctly? I would expect a buyer to look up a size chart for the manufacturer to check fitting.

I have occasionally bought stuff which didn’t fit properly on ebay. Call me daft but I can’t correlate “not as described” with “being a fat ****” so it never occurred to me to send back.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Just be careful he doesn’t just rip a button off and claim damaged. Happened to me when a timberland didn’t fit.
    Just accept and take the £2.95 postage hit both ways

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’d agree with TJ, if you can be arsed, raise a dispute, state your case and let ebay decide. If you described it as a medium and it says Medium on the label, then it is as described. Even if you didn’t state a size and he didn’t ask you, then I’d argue that he can’t claim not as described, because you didn’t state/describe a size. The fact that he can’t get his beer gut into it is his problem TBH and he should be grateful that you are prepared to accept a return (but at his expense IMO).
    I bought a jacket that was described as unisex medium only to find it had a size 12 label in it, which maybe is a women’s medium but def not unisex medium. Something like that might be grounds for a dispute, or if you stated a size contrary to that stated by the manufacturer on a label or you mislead him in a communication.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I would expect a buyer to look up a size chart for the manufacturer to check fitting.

Would you? Manufacturers size charts change over time.
    I would expect a buyer to ask for specific measurements with which to compare their existing clothes- pit-pit, pit cuff, collar-hem – that sort of stuff, if the seller hasn’t already included them.

taxi25
    Free Member

I have occasionally bought stuff which didn’t fit properly on ebay. Call me daft but I can’t correlate “not as described” with “being a fat ****” so it never occurred to me to send back

Me to. We must live in a different universe from some people !! I’ve stopped selling stuff on eBay now after one to many t@ssers. It’s all given away sold of Facebook or donated to charity.

comfyman
    Free Member

The fact that he can’t get his beer gut into it is his problem

And it’s beyond the realm of possibility that it’s too big?

wukfit
    Free Member

Clothing bought through a buy it now is covered by distance selling, so have to accept returns for stuff that doesn’t fit
    If it’s sold through an auction it isn’t, so you don’t have to
    (Change your returns policy for future sales)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ebay help please re a buyer dispute’ is closed to new replies.