Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • ebay help please!
  • jedimaster
    Free Member

Hi everyone! To cut a long story short I bought a bike worth £200 for £1 on ebay because seller made a mistake when listing it (instead of £1 auction start price he put £1 buy it now price) when I asked him about collection he said that he made a mistake. What can I do now ? ( I paid him with paypal straight away)
    Thanks

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Ask for the £1 Back??

tomhoward

/\ this.

jedimaster
    Free Member

Really? But surely he is responsible for the listing?

thehustler
    Free Member

not sure how it works on ebay, but in a shop a price ticket is termed in law “an invite to buy” he retailer is not bound to sell the item at said price, but can withdraw it from sale if queried. As you have already paid this may make the contract different, cant remember the exact ins and outs from there, but check with cab.

incidentally what kind of bike you after as I just bought a new one and have been ‘told’ by my other half i need to sell one of my others…..

Simon

You could start a dispute with Ebay but I’d just give the guy a break and forget about it. But you should get you your pound back. 😀

SilentSparky
    Free Member

I’ve come across listings like that in the past, but rather than hit “buy” on the obvious mistake, I’ve dropped the seller a note to let them know of their error.

Just ask for your quid back…

bruneep

he obviously made a genuine mistake. If you want to pursue it I’m sure he can claim the item is “broken” and therefore he no longer has to complete the sale.

Get your £1 back and move on.

mtbfix

I think you really have to give this one up to the seller making a genuine mistake and simply ask for your quid back.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Really? But surely he is responsible for the listing?

Technically but there is some ruling on genuine mistakes. Also he could just tell you to get stuffed.

That is apart from the rule number 1 of life,

jedimaster
    Free Member

Yeah I was thinking that it would be a bit sly tbh, I’ll email him asking for his solution to the problem 🙂

TheSwede
    Free Member

If it was me and I had made that mistake, there is no way you would be getting the bike no matter what you did. Just let it go.

bruneep

I’ll email him asking for his solution to the problem

You get your £1 back end of…..

khani
    Free Member

If it was you, how would you feel if the buyer insisted on the bike despite it being a mistake?
    Ask for your quid and let it go…spread a little goodwill amongst strangers… 😀

reedspeed
    Free Member

I had a similar problem,funnily enuff he was a member here,he refunded me,as he had sold the item elsewhere for more money!, he doesn’t know I know that,however I did get a refund’left him some selective feedback,& put it down to experience,whether ure losing money or not,a deals a deal in my book,but its 2012 ,i guess were not all the same,thankfully.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘ebay help please!’ is closed to new replies.