Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ebay fraud, a slightly different perspective.
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just been sent an e-mail with a photo, of my order, on the scales ready to post.

Is fraud really that widespread that sellers are going to this length for cover their arse? It’s a shop so they must be doing this 100’s of times a day!

wwaswas

I do wonder if shops that do mail order outside of ebay have these issues or if it’s ebay/paypal’s ‘here, have your money back regardless’ approach to buyer complaints that causes this sort of approach.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

It’s 100% EBay as they are massively biased in favour of the buyer if there are any problems.

JoeG
    Free Member

And they can get more good ratings since you can rate them on “communication” which you cannot do if they just ship the item.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

What are they trying to prove-that they’ve posted it? They’re still liable if it goes missing.
    It is nice though when you buy a bike and the seller sends a pic to reassure you that it’s well packed.

monkeyboyjc

Ive done similar when its a high value item sold through the forum or a full bike.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What are they trying to prove-that they’ve posted it? They’re still liable if it goes missing.
    It is nice though when you buy a bike and the seller sends a pic to reassure you that it’s well packed.

I suppose it’s so they can prove that all 6 items and the envelope weighed 185g, the stamp will have the weight on it, so unscrupulous buyers can’t then say that something was missing and claim refunds off ebay.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I do wonder if shops that do mail order outside of ebay have these issues or if it’s ebay/paypal’s ‘here, have your money back regardless’ approach to buyer complaints that causes this sort of approach.

For people who take Paypal it can be a huge issue – although people abuse Chargeback almost as much these days, that’s easier to fight in general but we’ve still had a couple go through – confirmed addresses allow for sufficient arse covering for a lot of orders. We’ve just decided to start taking Paypal again after a 4 year break because we’ve negotiated massive concessions on liability, which is nice.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I don’t sell on Ebay any more, too many horrible stories due to too many nasty people taking advantage of the Ebay rules and knowledge that Ebay side with the buyer, regardless of what the sellers proof is.

Their loss.

scaredypants

we’ve negotiated massive concessions on liability, which is nice

Do go on; are you saying that PayPal will suck up a large portion of any claim against you ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ebay fraud, a slightly different perspective.’ is closed to new replies.