Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Ebay frame in USA and I want it. Arrrggghhh.
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

I really want this frame as it's been discontinued and now unavailable and in a custom colour. Contacted the SHOP selling the frame and they will only ship to the USA. The auction ended and I forget about it for a day then see it's been listed again. Contacted the shop again and said look, I will pay the buy it now price and pay the shipping to the UK. How hard can it be to ship to the UK blah blah mini rant. The guy says he can do it but it's a ball ache and he will find out how much it will cost. Not heard from him for a couple of days and there is a couple of days left on the auction. Shall I hit buy it now and hope the guy doesn't pull a fast one and say shipping is $300. Can He leave me negative feed back if this happens and I don't buy the frame. What to do what to do.

Danger-Mouse
    Free Member

parcel2go also have a quoting system for US collection to UK delivery, you'll need the box dimensions and weight

TheSwede
    Free Member

Christ, that site wants £296. I was sent a frame via parcel once and they charged $58

TheSwede
    Free Member

"Force"

highclimber
    Free Member

"farce" you mean?

vinnyeh

Buy it, ask the guy to hold it for a few days, then put out an apb for any stw'er in the states that might be willing to have it shipped to them, then send it on to you. I'm sure you could find somebody. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I once got screwed for shipping from the US on ebay. The guy raped me for $250, showed me UPS quoates and everything. then he put it on the slow boat. It took 3 months to arrive, but cost him $48. Of course, b the time it arrived he'd cleared his Paypal account and de-activated his ebay account. It was a good experience all round. 🙂

mildred

I needed a new peak for my Azonic Full face lid – the only people who had any were the factory in the US, and for an $8 peak they wanted $78 postage!! The helmet only cost £35 in the CRC sale.

I'd wait and see what he comes back with – if he doesn't reply, then I think that's (sadly) your answer.

Anyway, this thread is crap without telling us what it is or a link to the Ebay item (you never know, someone on here may know where there is another).

Edric64
    Free Member

I bought shoes from the states and paid $18 postage
    I also buy stuff for work and pay an acceptable amount of postage all the way from California

Curly68
    Free Member

This year I have had three frames shipped from the States. Cheapest was $58 and the most expensive $95. They were all with USPS (which has a calculator if you have the dimemsions). Once here Parcelfarce takes them. Every one has had charges added through customs, so beware. One had an extra £162 added for import duty, VAT and PF charges. Add that into the equation and still see if it is cheaper over there.
    If you still want it, I'm sure that there will be someone in the States willing to help but that will add to the costs.

TheSwede
    Free Member

I can't get one over here or any where else for that matter unless there is a second hand one around but white was a custom colour too so really it's like rocking horse poo. Soooo frustrating.

Hadge
    Free Member

Sometimes the cheap quotes and prices are for those that don't offer insurance for replacing the item. Basically they take a chance and hope it gets to you ok. Yes the price covers the box size but covering the contents is different. I remember posting a ti hardtail and the price including insurance for replacing the whole bike was incredible.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi The Swede i bought a Turner frame from the states on ebay a few years ago when the pound waas still a bit stronger…. The guy was very helpfull think it cost about $80 / 100 to ship it air freight with US postal/srvice. you will quite possibly be charged vat even on a used frame (i was). So remeber to factor that into your costs.

backhander
    Free Member

I needed a new peak for my Azonic Full face lid – the only people who had any were the factory in the US, and for an $8 peak they wanted $78 postage!! The helmet only cost £35 in the CRC sale

Mildred, I'm off to canada on wednesday do you want me to see if I can pick one up for you?

adam_h
    Free Member

I know it's not a frame but I just bought a stainless prop for my boat from the states. Not sure if the parcels go on weight or size? But this thing is pretty heavy and the box with packaging was quite big, and it cost just over $70 to have it shipped via USPS priority international. Which took about 7 working days to land at the parcel force depot. As said above though, remember that you probably will get charged VAT and maybe import duty, parcel force wouldn't release the package until the fees had been paid.

He can't leave you any negative feedback anyway under eBays rubbish "buyer protection" rules.

Zilog
    Free Member

If he does not get back to you with a postage cost then don't bid. If you do and you don't like the postage cost you only have your self to blame. Don't forget you will likely have to pay import duty, VAT and customs handling charge at your end to get the bike though customs. Even used bikes and parts there of are liable for this. I have had to pay it a few times but then a got the odd one with out having to pay. Bit hit or miss really.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Phew. Its mine. Just hope it doesnt get mangled in transit now or I will have a nice sculpture on my shed wall. $70 shiping and maybe some customs but I dont care about that. Will post built up pics if it ever turns up.

daveaasmith
    Free Member

Yeah, $70 shipping is what I paid for my Klein frame from the States.

USPS, arrived within 5 days, and ParcelForce only charged me £24 for customs (value was marked as £150).

Fingers crossed for you fella!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Ebay frame in USA and I want it. Arrrggghhh.’ is closed to new replies.