Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ebay Fees! WTF!
  • sanj
    Free Member

When did ebay start charging 10% final value fee?

10% of the final selling price (up to a maximum of £40)

Just been stung for £16 on a £168 sale, then £7 Paypal Fee! Unimpressed to say the least!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would never sell on there for this reason. Near zero risk for them and such huge profits as well – very poor for sellers these days and getting worse for buyers …see what happens when someone has a monoploy of online auctions

Coyote
    Free Member

FWIW I always wait till thy have the special zero insertion feess weekend. Only tend to find out about them at short notice but if you have your descriptions prepared and photos ready you can save a fair bit.

Thing is ebay are now the main player in town and they know it so can charge accordingly. The link up with Paypal also increased their grip. Unfortunately as the main player they are your best chance of reaching your target audience. Either explore alternatives or suck it up I’m afraid.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I only use ebay to sell cheap things or things I don’t care how much I get for as there is no insertion fee for <£1 and its then not so bad taking a hit of 10-20p 😛

Jamie
    Free Member

Regular eBay fees are a killer, as well as the Paypal fees as well.

Strangely, their classified fees for selling motors are very reasonable….about £20 for 28 days and no FVF or anything like that.

uplink
    Free Member

Strangely, their classified fees for selling motors are very reasonable.

not strange at all – they have competition in this area

STATO
    Free Member

Just been stung for £16 on a £168 sale,

Does no-one on here ever check before they do anything? honestly, its not hard.

sanj
    Free Member

Does no-one on here ever check before they do anything? honestly, its not hard.

I’ve E-bayed alot in the last two years, as far as I can remember they were never as high as 10% obviously you must be an expert in life 😛

69er
    Free Member

It’s more like 14% when you take Paypal into account and has been for a long time.

I’ve E-bayed alot in the last two years, as far as I can remember they were never as high as 10% obviously you must be an expert in life

More so than you it would seem 😉

If i were you I’d sell on here and advertise at a reasonable[/i] price to start with. And don’t forget to make a donation now and again!

M6TTF
    Free Member

ebay’s been 10% for ages – bit of a rip off, but no competition really – i try to avoid paypal at all costs too

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’m of the opinion most bike things go for 20-25% more on eBay than in the classifieds here usually so you are still making a ‘profit’. Sold plenty of stuff that’s gone for more than you can buy it new in CRC for instance.

You get an almost guaranteed sale after 7 days. Very few tyrekickers who just want loads of photos/details then to say it’s too much, or they need to sell their kit first to afford it.

If i were you I’d sell on here and advertise at a reasonable price to start with.

And then get haggled down. So the £150 advert sells for, say £130. Still £20 less than eBay including the fees…

maccruiskeen

ebay’s been 10% for ages – bit of a rip off, but no competition really – i try to avoid paypal at all costs too

you’ve never been to a real auction then. 10% is buttons

the-muffin-man

eBay fees don’t really concern me – I know the rules before I list stuff. And eBay is wonderfully simple when I think back to the old days of trying to sell stuff through AdMag and local papers – now that was a faff! I can also sell stuff now that I would have just chucked away before as it wasn’t worth the trouble of advertising it.

I generally try to shift bike gear on here first though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ebay Fees! WTF!’ is closed to new replies.