• This topic has 32 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Andy.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • EBAY FEEDBACK leaving advice – to neg or not?
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Bought a headest 30/01/09 Friday at 8 Am. E-mailed seller saying I needed it by next weekend 07/02/09. Seller said no problem. I e-mailed them mid week to see if it was posted they said it was posted that day (03/02/09). Item arrived today posted 2nd class on 05/02/09.
    SO NO NEW BIKE AT WEEKEND DUE TO THIS SELLER GRRRRR
    It is as described and fine but meant my new (thanks to all those on STW who sold me a bit BTW) bike was un rideable at the weekend.
    Do i leave neg feedback or neutral?

bruneep

Do you want to? If it bothers you that much do it! otherwise move on to building your bike, there will be more weekends to get out and about.

B

uplink
    Free Member

If it was listed as 2nd class post – just neutral feedback
    if it was listed as 1st class – neg him

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Steve-Austin
    Free Member

You leave positive feedback.

takisawa2

You’ve received the item so Positive. You then get to rate the time taken to post, P&P charges, delivery time etc & that should reflect what you feel.
    You have to be objective though, just because it cost you a weekend ride is no reason to slate the chap 100%. Your rating the transaction after all.
    If you were that concerned you should have arranged Special Delivery at your cost. 1st & 2nd class post can NEVER be relied upon.

jam-bo

if it was that urgent you should have gone to a bike shop…

IanMunro
    Free Member

You leave positive. It’s hardly late delivery.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

without knowing the ins& outs, i don’t think the seller deserves -ve feedback. A week and a bit is reasonable time for ebay delivery.

However if he charged you for 1st class or his p&p conditions stated express delivery and sent you 2nd class instead, then maybe.

Skippy

If you buy from a private seller don’t expect the same service you receive from a shop. They may have a life and so when they agree that they can post an item have genuine intentions. If the item is as described negative feedback is totally out of order.

Junkyard
    Free Member

They LIED about the posting date they could have TOLD THE TRUTH about posting or actually posted the item WHEN they said they had rather than 7 days after I paid for it and two days after they said they had. I have never left neg or neutral feedback before and if it was a post office/weather etc type issue I would have no issue but the sellers late posting is the cause here.
    They are an ebay shop not a private seller BTW
    Posting just said £2.40 and was sent for £1.40 inside a sainsbury’s Party bites Ribbon wrapped filo prawns all covered with a bin bag.

Reasonable point re LBS

STW i never had you down as such a forgiving lot 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If you buy from a private seller don’t expect the same service you receive from a shop

Why not?
    When I sell on Ebay, I make damned sure that I can post within 24 hours of the auction ending. If I can’t be sure, I don’t list the item. That’s partly why I’ve got 300 feedback at 100%

But yes, things do get delayed and a week isn’t unreasonable, especially considering the weather….

Skippy

PP- Just my opinion, maybe you are a very organised person, however I know some people who have good intentions but not great organisation skills. I also would post things on time, however I’m always quite relieved when I receive items that are as described. I’m sure a few on here will agree with that as well, especially the ones who paid scammers for items that don’t arrive. Now that is totally unacceptable…

-m-
    Free Member

They LIED about the posting date

Not necessarily. They could have put it in a postbox or taken it to a post office on Tuesday, but there been a problem with the collections process that meant it didn’t get processed in a sorting office until Thursday. Given the snow in some areas that’s a distinct possibility (we’ve just received our first post since last Wednesday).

You’ve got the item; it’s as described; the delivery time is reasonable, if not fantastic. Positive feedback is deserved; use the ‘delivery speed’ and ‘seller communication’ ratings to mark the seller down slightly if you have to.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is a printed post office label bought from a post office (when posted)and it says the date .. possible but not in this case.
    The delivery time of 3 working days 2nd class is acceptable well done post office … the delay in the seller posting is not.

AndyP
    Free Member

sounds as though you’ve already made up your mind.

-m-
    Free Member

…then speed of delivery / communication scoring are your avenues for criticism. It’s still what you bought, and the overall delivery timescale isn’t actually too bad. Still deserves a positive overall. If time really was that critical then a shop would have been your best option…

Jamie
    Free Member

AndyP:

sounds as though you’ve already made up your mind.

Conclusion I had come too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I cant leave positive to a seller who lies about posting an item they have not posted and then does not for a further two days… i cant say that is good…..
    My original post makes it clear that I am considering neg or neutral and was asking for advice on that.

Do i leave neg feedback or neutral?

My mind is not made up on that front but given the above posting I will contact seller and am leaning to neutral (was neg before reading posts) as the item is perfect BUT the service is far from perfect but it is also not BAD either I guess.

Fagus
    Free Member

If you leave neg feedback he could do the same to you, saying that you are a pain in the ar$e to deal with. You got what you wanted, OK maybe a little slower, but don’t cut your nose off to spite your face. Either leave positive or say nowt.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

this thread is getting boring now.

If you’re not happy, its a negative
    if you don’t care its neutral
    if you are over the moon, its positive.

Can we move on now?

jim
    Free Member

I’d go with neutral myself. No good reason to claim it had been posted when it hadn’t.

joemarshall
    Free Member

If you leave neg feedback he could do the same to you, saying that you are a pain in the ar$e to deal with. You got what you wanted, OK maybe a little slower, but don’t cut your nose off to spite your face. Either leave positive or say nowt.

Not any more now – sellers can’t leave feedback because of exactly this happening – bad people saying don’t you dare leave me negative, or else I’ll leave negative feedback for you.

Personally I’d not leave good feedback if something took that long to arrive, despite them promising that it would arrive earlier, and telling me they’d posted it just to get me off their back.

Joe

waihiboy
    Free Member

I would leave positive, you have received the item, its in good nick. posted wasn’t specified but thrown your toys out because you didn’t have your bike built in time 😉

after all the bad weather loads of stuff has been late

epo-aholic
    Free Member

<sigh>

has he left you positive? if yes an you dont intend to use them again just be a barsteward and leave a negative, remember he cant leave you a neutral or a negative but he can choose not to leave a positive……..

choose wisely my young padowan

IWH
    Free Member

Just give positive (item was as described) – you can always leave comments about slow posting in the (funny this) comments section. Then you’ve got the seller performance ratings to let eBay know how you feel. If he gets enough low scores there eBay will suspend his account anyway.

Only ever leave negative when it’s really, really called for, not because you’ve got a bit of a gripe over posting when he said he would.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Maybe to him it was posted? Maybe he put it in the outbox and the spotty gimp who deals with that couldn’t make it to the post office until a couple of days later fir whatever reason.

You need to get this in perspective else you’ll start killing people in supermarkets or something.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

there’s no way that’s a negative. Wait until you really get screwed, on something expensive, then you’ll realise.

People are busy. They have jobs and families and stress and allsorts. They don’t just drop everything to get your headset to the post office. You need to calm down and get some perspective.

Whatsit
    Free Member

I dealt with an idiot once who bought a £12 item which was listed with £10 delivery and then complained like **** because the postage label only had £8 on it.

It wasn’t you was it PP? 😆

sc-xc

Posting just said £2.40 and was sent for £1.40 inside a sainsbury’s Party bites Ribbon wrapped filo prawns all covered with a bin bag.

I reckon a pund is reasonable for the time & cost to get down to the post office.

You need to get this in perspective else you’ll start killing people in supermarkets or something.

agreed.

Andy

Given the recent weather has severely delayed a lot of post how can you leave negative or neutral feedback if thats the reason for the delay?

As the other repondants said – LBS if it was that critical!

bomberman
    Free Member

yeah i agree get a life and chill out, leave the guy some positive feedback is it worth soiling his rep just because you couldn’t play out? you’re riding a bike for fun he might be running a business in order to feed his kids

Junkyard
    Free Member

To quote ditrectly from the sellers e-mail

i dropped it into the po today hopefully with you tomorrow, sent 1st regards

They then posted it two days later and second class.Is lieing ok with you all then and should not affect feedback?
    I have no issue with them having a life, doing other things, only going to the post office one a week being snowed in etc if they had said this. However it is a BUSINESS account not a private seller and this is not what they said and being lied to is not my idea of a positive experience.
    I am hardly sitting here seething about this ready to unleash my fury apon them and all their kin despite STW ers concern for my sanity or anger management issues ….in the grand scheme of things it is unimportant.
    Thanks for the feedback (pun intended)

Andy

It might have sat in the post office for 2 days due to the weather before it went to the sorting office.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘EBAY FEEDBACK leaving advice – to neg or not?’ is closed to new replies.