Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • eBay email – 'you've received a return request'
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’ve received an email from eBay. No reason to think it isn’t genuine.

Subject – ‘you’ve received a returns request’
    “One of your buyers has requested a return on an item you sold. Please visit your Returns Dashboard as soon as possible to resolve this issue.”

No item number or link to a sale on the email.

My returns page doesn’t show any returns in the last 30 days.

Of course theres no easy way of contacting eBay to ask. What’s going on?

wwaswas

scam? are links genuine – ie all link back to a real ebay site?

pocpoc
    Free Member

If it’s an email from eBay would it not also show up in your eBay messages?
    Sounds like either a rubbish scam or a glitch.

cp

Surely return notification emails will detail the item that’s been requested to return??

Check your messages in your ebay account to see if the same email is there. If it’s genuine, it will be.

Sounds like spam to me.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

If you clicked through to ebay using a clicky link in the email, change your password now.

It’s a moderately common scam to get your password, that’s all they are interested in.

blader1611
    Free Member

I think ebay emails will address you by name/username where as a scam wont, that is always a good indicator to its authenticity.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

No, it’s genuine. Utterly crap.

No item details on the email, the link to ‘returns dashboard’ takes me to the returns dashboard but there’s nothing showing there.

The email from eBay doesn’t show up in my messages

It turns out it’s an ‘item not received’ issue. But it’s next to impossible to find it – it only shows up if i go to my sold items.

Really crap comms from eBay. Looks very much like a scam but isn’t.

Cougar

the link to ‘returns dashboard’ takes me to the returns dashboard but there’s nothing showing there.

The URL is definitely eBay yes, and not ebay.honestgov.co.uk?

thegreatape
    Free Member

ebay.honestgov.co.uk

I’d sooner trust someone who utters ‘honest guv’.

Mr_C
    Free Member

I’ve had two recent return requests and the subject line for both is Return requested: ‘item details’.

So as was said previously, a genuine return request should have the item details in the subject line. I have nothing with a subject line of ‘You have received a returns request’

plyphon
    Free Member

Phone ebay – their customer support is actually really good in my experience.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Phone ebay – their customer support is actually really good in my experience.

I did, and they told me it related to the ‘item not delivered’ case. I couldn’t get her to understand that it didn’t make sense that they sent me a mail saying ‘return opened’ or that it wasn’t showing the returns dashboard that the email linked to.

email subject “mysellerid, you’ve received a return request: please respond”
    email content –
    “Hi myuserid,
    One of your buyers has requested a return on an item you sold. Please visit your Returns Dashboard (valid link) as soon as possible to resolve this issue.
    It’s important to find a solution with your buyer within 8 days of the request being made. To ensure the quickest resolution and the best experience for your buyer, we recommend accepting the return.”

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘eBay email – 'you've received a return request'’ is closed to new replies.