Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • eBay – do you ship stuff you've sold abroad?
  • IHN

I’m currently selling some RF Next SL Carbon Cranks on eBay, and I’ve had a question asking if I’ll ship them to Portugal. My first instinct was ‘scam’ (don’t reeally know why), but the feedback for the user is really good.

So, has anyone shipped eBay’d sales abroad and, if so, how do you go about getting a quote for the postage?

weeksy

I have done..

PArcel2go.com
    parcel2ship.com
    parcelmonkey.co.uk

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, loads of stuff, the strong Euro means they can get bargains. I sent a frame to the Canary Islands – cost about £150 (6 years ago), but as long as you make that clear up front I see no issue.

daverallye

Agreed; sent plenty of stuff abroad. Get a quote for shipping from companies mentioned, and as long as the customer is happy and pays then I see no issue. I always use signed for delivery though just to be safe.

IHN

Fair enough, ta.

A quick quote reckions they’ll be paying £30 postage!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

As long as the purchaser is happy to pay for a tracked parcel (so I don’t get stiffed) then yes… The cost of this has tended to put people off in the past.

Legoman
    Free Member

Only once & the guy refused to pay the additional postage cost, despite me clearly saying the quoted price was for UK postage.
    Although he had 100% feedback, there were several comments saying he’d pulled the same stunt with other people, but as sellers they couldn’t leave negative feedback (great system eBay – thanks for that!)

Only ship to the UK now.

edit: it was a computer hard-drive sent to Italy BTW – so we’re only talking a few quid extra to post

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘eBay – do you ship stuff you've sold abroad?’ is closed to new replies.