• This topic has 17 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by dooge.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • ebay – do you chase feedback?
  • sandwicheater

Relatively new to ebay and after selling some stuff, 4 buyers have left no feedback.

All date back to over a month ago and all received (sent by tracked courier).

Do you chase feedback from buyers? Have you been chased in the past?

Hmmm, now I think about it, does the number after my ebay user name actually have any use? It’s currently over 50.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I would in your shoes, I have 500+ now so am not too bothered myself.

I don’t get why folk are so lazy/have such little sense of community.

ctk
    Free Member

Yes chase feedback- not just for your feedback score- it stops unscrupulous people from pretending something hasn’t arrived and claiming money back through paypal/ credit cards.

sandwicheater

stops unscrupulous people from pretending something hasn’t arrived and claiming money back through paypal/ credit cards

That hadn’t even crossed my mind.

I’ll drop them a friendly reminder then, cheers guys.

njee20
    Free Member

Never chased, wouldn’t occur to me actually!

convert

Kind of stopped bothering to see either if I am getting feedback or leaving it years ago. It’s a pointless system now with sellers only able to leave positive. Once you have enough not to look like a new ‘bot’ account it’s an irrelevance.

neilwheel
    Free Member

If you need to build your detailed seller rating then yes.

Some people just don’t leave feedback.

Any implied sense of community on there is just a marketing tool.

Simon

+1 for what Convert said.

johnners
    Free Member

I’ll only leave feedback as a buyer if the seller leaves theirs unconditionally as soon as I’ve made payment.

I’ve yet to see any evidence of a “sense of community” on eBay so that’s never been a motivation.

Garry_Lager

I’d make an effort when I started with ebay but it does seem a bit pointless now. Can’t say I completely ignore it, though. Received a neutral recently – fuming, mate.

konabunny
    Free Member

don’t bother any more.

globalti
    Free Member

Not leaving feedback is bad manners after the seller has gone to the trouble to pack and despatch the item. And feedback is integral to the way Ebay works.

footflaps

I don’t get why folk are so lazy/have such little sense of community.

Ebay stopped being a community a long time ago. It’s 90% full of professional shops these days.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Also, I think there’s a time limit now. I sold something to this really nice woman who left me great feedback. When I got round to leaving feedback for her (I’d forgotten) I was told I couldn’t. Think it was about a month.

jimc101
    Free Member

Normally have a look at buyers left feedback, if they haven’t left any after a few weeks, often, the buyers either leave feedback once a month or so, or never. Don’t bother chasing, especially when getting near to the paypal/protection cutoff date.

For the community, as mentioned, it’s not anymore, too many shops, and it died a death after ebay started hiding the bidder/buyer ID’s from all users, before, you got to know who people were, and could follow their interests, now, it’s virtually impossible to do this.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Normally drop a line to make sure everything’s OK, and if it is could they lead feedback.

Defender
    Free Member

Yes I do, it’s not a foolproof system, but it’s better than nothing.

dooge
    Free Member

I wait til I recieved the item and leave it, purely so they know theres nothing wrong with it and I have recieved it fine. As a seller generally Ill wait til they leave feedback as they may complain.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ebay – do you chase feedback?’ is closed to new replies.