Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ebay dispute item not recieved where do I stand ?
  • shredder
    Free Member

Couple of weeks ago I advertised a item, stating no international bidders. Then contacted by buyer from Germany, asking how much to post. Agreed that if he was happy to pay the extra would post to him. Quoted him a international signed for service. He returned by email stating that he was happy with a cheaper non signed/insured service.

He wins the item on the 05/01/09 finally pays on the 11/01/09 after chasing him.
    I then post the item on 13/01/09 using the service he requested.

Yesterday he raises a Paypal dispute stating item not recieved.

Now I have my postal receipt and a copy of the emails stating what he wanted.

Where do I stand likely outcome ?

Cheers
    Shredder

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

You need to contact the delivery company, and make a claim

shredder
    Free Member

Can I claim Steve as I sent the item un-insured ? Carrier was PO

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    uplink
    Free Member

It’s down to you to deliver the item

it may well be lost or he’s pulling a fast one but you’ll end up paying

hora
    Free Member

Genius. No offence shredder but thats scam-genius in my books. 🙁

shredder
    Free Member

MMMM I hear you hora

uplink
    Free Member

There should be the standard £32 compensation with RM but I’m not sure if this lapses when the item leaves these shores

PePPeR

Sorry but its the seller who has to ensure that the goods arrive to the recipient. It will be very difficult to get PAypal to see your side of the story knowing how they have dealt with things in the past.

Good luck though,

andym
    Free Member

Worth checking about compensation with RM.

If you want proof of delivery (as opposed to proof of posting) you need to send International Signed-for

freeform5spot
    Free Member

still in dispute with paypal over a near identical situation.

like you I offered insurance but was told ‘non’, had proof of postage etc. Had a claim via paypal, they found in favour of the buyer (their policy) and drew down on my account putting me negative.

If I were you I would do the following:

1. empty your paypal account
    2. remove the card details you have on line with them
    3. be prepared to dig your heals in.

Have had loads of ‘we are trying to scare you’ mail but I have told them that if they want to discuss it I would be happy to in court with a judge and not a mindless paypal ‘computer says no’ clerk.

Problem is though is that your ebay account will be blocked. When mine was I started a new one but now the rules state that if you want an ebay account you MUST have a paypal account. So far I have had to ‘move’ ebay accounts a number of times but they always end up tracking you down!

As the £ falls to the Euro there will be a lot more Europeans wanting to buy goods from the UK and therefore will probably be a lot more unscurpulous (sp) people pulling fast ones.

The moral is to always insist on recorded parcels. If they arent happy with that then consider that a telling sign!

Good luck. There is a anti-paypal website somewhere where you can get details on how to take them on btw.

shredder
    Free Member

Some good advice there spot………….the ba…. got to my Paypal acct first and drew down 49.99 the amount in question, so that’s held now pending the outcome !

freeform5spot
    Free Member

if you are now in £- then call your bank and tell them to block any paypal requests for money.

if you had fund to cover it then I would prepare yourself not to see it again!

Mine was for £145!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The situation here is that the buyer and seller enter an agreement.

The buyer agrees to give the seller money for the goods / service / whatever.

The seller agrees to give the goods / service / whatever to the buyer.

The buyer has fulfilled his part of the agreement by giving money.

The seller should then hand the goods, etc to the buyer. The seller can do this personally or choose to engage a 3rd party to do this for him. If teh seller uses a third party, the responsibilty to deliver remains with the seller. The agreement is not complete until the buyer has the goods in their hands. The sellers responsibility does not end until those goods are in the buyers hands. It is not the responsibilty of the buyer to arrange postage.

Unfortunately for you, the agreement has not been fulfilled (though I agree buyer could be fibbing) so it’s your responsibility. This is all in the Ebay rules.

So you really need to send with some sort of recorded delivery in future. Sorry, but I think your stuffed in this case

shredder
    Free Member

Luckily not in the – as had funds in to cover. But yes it’s as I feared don’t think I will be seeing that again !

uplink
    Free Member

freeform5spot – I have an eBay acc but don’t have a Paypal acc
    been like that for a couple of years

freeform5spot
    Free Member

trying opening a new one now!

this whole ebay / paypal relationship is surely something for the monopolies commission to have a butchers at!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ebay dispute item not recieved where do I stand ?’ is closed to new replies.