Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Ebay Content – Dodgy Yeti
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

Take a look at this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yeti-ASR-5-FULLY-CUSTOMISED-/330546879528?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4cf6211c28

Old brakes, SLK cranks and he doesn’t even know what size it is.

Hmm, I might have a bid.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The description is tad ropey but there is a phone number to contact if that make any difference.?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Yes, and it’s cash on collection.

But it’s a 24 hour auction and you would be turning up to meet someone who can’t spell pedal, and may bop you on the noggin for £1400.

Fancy it?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Someones had their prise and joy robbed 🙁

Bastids.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

whats wrong with the slx cranks

7hz
    Free Member

It doesn’t strike me as dodgy.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

dirty – nothing, but if you don’t know the difference between them and SLK, you’re dyslexic, or bent. Especially when you claim to have dropped £4000 on the package.

j_me
    Free Member

Looks fine to me. Plenty of high value items with +ve feedback. OK he has an expensive bike but doesn’t know much about bike kit, that’s nothing unusual.

….and may bop you on the noggin for £1400

If you’re worried then pay him with paypal.

neilc1881
    Free Member

Seems fine, I expect there are plenty of people who have enough money to spend £4000 but can’t spell pedals. Hardly a crime, not that I could afford it. Owned plenty of bikes with old kit on them. If it ain’t broke don’t fix or replace it.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

But hasn’t used the account for 2 years. Hack the account and away you go.

I’m either a cynic, or most folk here are way to trusting.

loddrik
    Free Member

Get a life FFS.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Worthwhile input; much obliged.

Go back to watching the Boat Race and feeling inadequate.

LimboJimbo

Get a life FFS.

That’s not very public spirited now is it? 🙄

All those nicked bikes go somewhere and I’m betting ebay gets more than of it’s fair share of them. Poor spelling notwithstanding, it just stinks of dodgy. It may well be that someone on here has been relieved of their pride and joy or knows someone who has. If it was mine, I’d appreciate the heads up.

cheez0
    Free Member

Agree with Scott, looks dodgy.

For someone whos spent £4000 on a bike, this bloke knows jack shit about any of the components.. what kindof fox forks? what kind of hope brakes?

bigjim

Doesn’t look dodgy to me, i ride with someone who doesn’t even know what make and model his bike is without looking at it.

uplink
    Free Member

Looks like a kosher auction to me

j_me
    Free Member

Well to settle it how about I ask the buyer whether the frame guarantee is registered in his name, and can he give me the frame number so I can phone yeti and verify he is the original owner?

crazy-legs

Interesting though isn’t it.
    Mismatched rotors which you wouldn’t expect on someones customised pride and joy.
    Saddle is way too low, poossibly as if it’s been nicked and ridden away by some short legged scrote.

Something up with the stem too, all those spacers and it’s inverted. Either someone still playing around with the position or it’s been rebuilt by someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Common trick with stolen bikes to swap parts around, makes them more difficult to identify and that has at least had a different rotor if not a whole front (or rear) wheel.

Can’t believe the attitude on here either, if you’d just lost £4000 worth of bike you’d be bloody grateful of someone flagging up a dodgy listing.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’m on the side of the people who assume the best and not the worst. The guy has left a mobile number and email address so plenty of opportunity to do some snooping if you think this is dodgy. Personally I’m wary of eBay full stop, but the fact someone has a £4,000 bike and knows not what all the parts are is not a cause for concern. I have good friends who wouldn’t have a clue what model of Fox fork they have on their £4,000 custom bike, because their knowledgeable partner spec’d it up.

Still very good of someone to point it out though, just in case

j_me
    Free Member

The frame isn’t registered to the seller.
    I’ve changed my mind…..dodgy !

flamejob
    Free Member

Smells well fishy.

Another point; the tiny Fox hoseclip is missing

juiced
    Free Member

i think that is dodgey. When I first looked at it I wasn’t so sure. But now I think it is. Anyone with a bike like that would have described it more fully.

crazy-legs

The guy has left a mobile number and email address so plenty of opportunity to do some snooping if you think this is dodgy

Doesn’t mean anything. I’ve got 3 email address and 2 mobile nos (one work, one mine) but I could change any of them within a day if I wanted.
    I see your point about some people not knowing what they’ve got on the bike, that’s true of a lot of people I know but it’s a bit less believable when you come to a £4000 “customised” bike.

And they’re not “customised peddles”, they’re regular Deore XT SPDs.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Ebay Content – Dodgy Yeti’ is closed to new replies.