Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ebay. Buyer now wants to cancel. Best way of dealing with it?
  • benz
    Free Member

Ok, my wife is offloading stuff as part of clear out.

Sales been going ok but buyer today sent message asking to cancel after being one of a fair number of bidders. No reason given. Now a fair number of bidders on the item.

Best way to proceed?

tomhoward

Has the auction ended?

Northwind

I’d cancel it personally- it’s not going to end smoothly if you don’t. Rights or wrongs aside it makes for a quieter life, a sale that never pays up isn’t a sale at all.

benz
    Free Member

Yes, auction completed and buyer was highest bidder by £1……at the last minute.

andyl
    Free Member

offer 2nd chance to next bidder

tomhoward

What andyl said.

richpips
    Free Member

If you go down the relisting road, do not bitch in the listing about the previous auction’s winning bidder.

Jamie
    Free Member

What Tom said, but definitely not what Andy said.

cloudnine
    Free Member

What Jamie said what Tom said… Although not quite sure what Jamie said Andy said is a problem.

Northwind

I agree

nealglover
    Free Member

What they said.

Well… Some of them.

But not the others.

…obviously.

benz
    Free Member

Got it…. 💡

Northwind

I disagree

scaredypants

hear, hear !

dannybgoode

Come on this is STW.

Where is the sound advice that buying something via an auction on ebay forms a legally binding contract and that the buyer must fulfill the obligations.

You should therefore take them to the small claims court and or the cleaners.

Or you could do what the others have said that I also agree with but not those I don’t.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Best way to proceed?

Force him to buy the item, then ship it wrapped in a picture of a pair of bombers. Inside a shoe box. That you’ve pissed in.

Jamie
    Free Member

Come on this is STW.

Is it? If so, I’m sure there used to be something someone did that made me realise I was on STW.

andyl
    Free Member

ignore anything Jamie writes. He should only be allowed to communicate by gif.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Ebay. Buyer now wants to cancel. Best way of dealing with it?’ is closed to new replies.