• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Andy.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ebay bike; checking its legit?
  • Andy

Won a Giant on ebay over the weekend. Its new and still boxed. Seller doesnt have receipts, says they “won it on the gadget show”. Checked the Gadget show prizes online and doesnt appear. Have googled that model and nothing coming up. Anything else i can do to check legitimate?

Hmmm, if it walks like a duck and quacks…..

andyl
    Free Member

what is it? Worth googling for shop break ins.

Andy

2015 Giant defy. Google not showing anything

nealglover
    Free Member

Checked the Gadget show prizes online and doesnt appear.

If it’s from 2015, it wouldn’t be in the current prize list. They change all the time.

Have a look at his other auctions, he may have been selling off loads of other stuff if his story is true.

frankconway

Ask for frame number – without telling them where to find – theb use bikechecker and/or checkthatbike websites.
    You could ask for a copy if the prize winner notification from the gadget show.
    It doesn’t ring true to me.

Andy

They have a record of previous prizes. Doesnt appear. Yes other item sold a brand new b’twin cheap full suss in box.

Andy

Yes Frank,agreed thats my next step

frankconway

If it doesn’t appear on previous prize lists they’re lying and you should refer to police.

rossburton
    Free Member

Definitely ask for frame number. If its legit then they won’t mind. Sadly I imagine phoning up Giant to verify a frame number matches what they expect won’t be swift.

Andy

Thats ok, good advice thanks. Happy to walk if not proven to be legit. “Believe it to be legit” isnt enough. Should have just bought new 🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

Chances are they are flogging a C2W bike or something bought on staff discount, but no harm in being super-suspicious.

Andy

He has sent me a winners list, so thats something. Will still check frame number though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ebay bike; checking its legit?’ is closed to new replies.