Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Ebay -been neg feedbacked unjustly!!! can I appeal?
  • pearlbaz
    Free Member

Sold a Sony Vaio running Win2000, clean install. The guy takes 9 days to pay (I even offered to cancel the deal if he was having second thoughts), it arrives, and he says it’s got a faulty ethernet connection, neg feedbacks me, demands a refund plus return postage. It’s messed up my 100% positive record, without giving me a chance to rectify the problem.
    I’ve offered him a refund if he returns it, and a postal refund if it turns out to be faulty.
    Can I make ebay withdraw the feedback, i reckon I’m being reasonable and fair…
    any ideas?
    Baz

highclimber
    Free Member

sounds like he’s being a bit hasty in blaming the computer for his internet problems. I would try raising something with Ebay and for the time being add a rebuttal note to his feedback.

pearlbaz
    Free Member

Reckon so, I loaded the drivers via wired network, so it was working. How do I respond to his feedback? Can’t see a clicky to do that.
    Baz

highclimber
    Free Member

you can request a feedback revision by going to My Ebay, select the account tab and select Feedback. there is a link to this on there. Im not sure where you enter a comment though.

godzilla
    Free Member

You will struggle to get the feedback removed.

pearlbaz
    Free Member

I’ll give it a go…cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

What’s your +ve?

1 -ve may not matter.

pearlbaz
    Free Member

105 +ve, 100%, now 1 neg, 97.8% (last 12 months)

geetee1972
    Free Member

That sucks big time, especially if you’ve offered a full refund.

rustler
    Free Member

Set up a dummy sale, get a mate to win it & put a quick explanation in the feedback line. At least folk will see it next to the rsoles feedback.

pearlbaz
    Free Member

He says “i can asure you when i got the laptop checked out by by som1 who is qualified his assesment was that the ethernet on the motherboard wasnt workn. thanks”

mmm…

I’ve told him how to apply for a refund. I guess that doesn’t guarantee he’ll send it back, or he’ll withdraw the neg feedback. Oh well, a lesson learned. He did only have 1 feedback when he bid. (he has 7 now,)
    Baz:(

cynic-al
    Free Member

I really wouldn’t worry.

uplink
    Free Member

Set up a dummy sale, get a mate to win it & put a quick explanation in the feedback line. At least folk will see it next to the rsoles feedback.

You’d get stung for fees though

as for the -ve just put your comments on and leave it at that

surazal
    Free Member

You should retract your offer of a refund – anyone who communicates in text speak deserves everything they get, bloody heathen.

stumpyjon

Live with it, one negative feedback in your scores is fine, most people understand some buyers are as rogue as some sellers.

PePPeR

As stumpyjon says, live with it, 1 negative feedback is fine, it’ll be gone in 12 months. I’ve had the same I offered a full refund and everything and he still ended up giving me negative feedback, you can reply to his feedback but make sure your own feedback is as constructive and positive as possible. Ebay do not retract the feedback very often at all.

pearlbaz
    Free Member

yep, guess I’ll have to live with it. I doubt if retracting the offer will have any effect on the outcome-the law lies with the buyer, going by ebays terms and definitions. Ho hum, you try to be nice, and get crapped on. Seller beware!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Have you asked him if he will remove the negative feedback? Apologise for it not working, chalk it up to experience.

pearlbaz
    Free Member

Done all of that-refund, refund postage if it’s faulty. Just iterates, faulty ethernet, as in the post above. Not known anything like it in 4 years of Ebay. Guess I’ve been lucky ’til now.

spacemonkey

STW not the best place to seek sympathy/opinions when selling on ebay. I had an issue with a numpty (with 0 feedback) who won my HD2 phone (by bidding in the last few seconds) for £230 even though I said bids would only be accepted from those with 10+ feedback. I said I wouldn’t complete the sale (didn’t trust him at all – he was a right tool) so he gave me neg feedback by whinging something like “Wouldn’t let me buy it because of feedback” – the first I’ve received in 8 years or so. Ebay wouldn’t do anything about it. Spent 2 weeks friggin about trying to sort things out then settled on relisting. Phone sold within 24hrs and I got full wack on BIN. Neg feedback still stands of course + I’m not allowed to add my side of the story.

MOTS = move on. People will understand. When selling from now on you can always include a line or two as to why your feedback has dropped.

As for STWers, some of the comments to my post were a bit unwarranted. I guess that proves we have numpties here as well 🙂

pearlbaz
    Free Member

Aye, lesson learned…g’night all
    Baz

Junkyard
    Free Member

i would ignor eanyone e-mailing me in text speak tbh and just live with what they do -EMPTY PAYPAL ACCOUNT NOW in case they do a grievance

spooky_b329

Spacemonkey, I’m sure you can set bidder requirements that will prevent a bid by someone with below a certain level of feedback, registered under a certain number of days etc.

donsimon
    Free Member

i would ignor eanyone e-mailing me in text speak tbh and just live with what they do

Isn’t that a bit general, my mother uses text speak and she’s a retired headmistress. I haven’t got a clue what she’s on about half the time! That of course might not be related to text speak…

Drac

i would ignor eanyone e-mailing me in text speak tbh and just live with what they do

😆

wwaswas

my mother uses text speak and she’s a retired headmistress

See, we’re right to blame the teachers.

OP: take it on the chin, refund when they return the goods (and check they haven’t fecked it up by doing somethign themselves). You may get listing fees back if you go through ebay as uncompleted sale?

donsimon
    Free Member

my mother uses text speak and she’s a retired headmistress

See, we’re right to blame the teachers.
    😆

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Ebay -been neg feedbacked unjustly!!! can I appeal?’ is closed to new replies.