Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • eBay auction over for new item, seller doesn't have receipt.
  • tennisfreak
    Free Member

Just won auction on eBay for Garmin 800 package
    It was also advertised on here last week
    Advertised as brand new and only opened to check that it works
    Asked seller if he has receipt for warranty and he has advised not
    Should I continue to purchase.
    Just a bit wary why a new item doesn’t have a receipt

donsimon
    Free Member

Present?
    Unwanted prize?
    Nicked?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got things in the wrong order here

How it should have worked
    Garmin 800 on ebay Advertised as brand new and only opened to check that it works
    ShouldDecide if I continue to purchase.

It was also advertised on here last week
    Advertised as brand new and only opened to check that it works
    Just won completed a transaction and agreed to buy it on an auction on eBay.

Just a bit wary why a new item doesn’t have a receipt
    Cocked up

Think you bought it if you want a warranty buy it from a shop

trail_rat
    Free Member

It is second hand it has no warrenty…..

spooky_b329

You should have checked before bidding. Unless there is anything that suggests it has been stolen, you should complete the transaction.

jota180
    Free Member

I reckon I don’t have receipts for 95% of the kit I own

The only thing that springs to mind that’s nicked is a hole punch from the office, but I’ll probably take that back one day 😀

Is any warranty transferable anyway?

stu1972
    Free Member

+1 with what trail rat says.

Sum
    Free Member

Some warranties are transferable but it depends on the manufacturers T&Cs and the original receipe would be required. These are questions the OP should have asked before bidding.

wwaswas

plug it into a pc and try and register it + look in the memory for total miles ridden etc.

If it says already registered or there’s any history then send it back and claim off paypal.

geoffj

Garmin customer service is excellent. They know how old a unit is from the serial number. I wouldn’t be worried from a warranty perspective.

peterfile
    Free Member

If warranty and proof of purchase were important factors, why only ask now, and why even bother looking at ebay in the first place?

As mentioned above, unlikely that the warranty would be good for the second owner, but check anyway. It’s worth mentioning, in relation to warranties, that the good companies will often honour warranties even when they don’t strictly have to, and others will try pretty much anything to avoid helping you even when you have a clear warranty issue and bullet proof paper trail.

I’d be happier buying an open box product off ebay from a manufacturer with a good customer service rep (like Garmin), than a brand new product from a proper retailer if the manufacturer is a PITA to deal with.

surfer
    Free Member

I have sold a couple of items on Ebay that I have bought and brought home, decided they are not suitable but not taken back within the time limit.
    When I advertised them I did so as “used” there seems to be a lot of people advertising as “new” unused but owned items or even items that have seen only slight use.

They are “used” !!!!

footflaps

I bin all my receipts once I’ve ticked them off my CC bill / bank statement…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘eBay auction over for new item, seller doesn't have receipt.’ is closed to new replies.