Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ebay, any good for selling a complete bike?
  • ziggy
    Free Member

Got my Charge duster sitting in the garage that has been unridden all year due to my FS bike.

Have you had any luck getting a good price selling yours on ebay or is it just a waste of time?

Also if you bike split do you end up with parts you just can’t shift?

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Try the classifieds on here first mate. Pot luck on Ebay, plus you pay around 12-14% in fee’s if the buyer pays by Paypal. You’ll get more if you split it, but more hassle posting stuff off etc.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah try on here first, Duster is a very STW sort of bike.

PaulD
    Free Member

STW first, then ebay for what has no interest here.

Postage is now a big part of small part cost, so expect some leftovers.

Tried to sell my 13″ Inbred SS complete and in bits on here for 3 months then it went very well on ebay as a frame….then STW showed interest…hmmm.

Lots of bits went slowly, and I still have some in ‘stock’.

The bay is always a bit chancy if you have no reserve, and a reserve costs lots.

PaulD

rewski
    Free Member

I sold my dahon jetstream p8 on ebay, got a really good price for it, both parties very happy. If you do go the ebay route my advice is to put up as many pics as poss, do close ups of any scuffs or scratches, I’d only split the components if they’re top end upgrades, like xt etc.

jimc101
    Free Member

Folders are a strange one, I sold my Dahon Speed P8 for almost as much as I paid for it new, and it was when it was 2 years old and well ridden when I sold it.

For MTB’s breaking them seems to get a better return, hear of more people getting bargain buys than good sales, especially when you are looking at bikes going for more than £1000.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ebay, any good for selling a complete bike?’ is closed to new replies.