Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ebay and way to cheap road team cycle kits?
  • cove123

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/tulip-shop88

anyone use this site before, bibs and tops less than half price RRP?

think they might be stealing them from the factory, to dodgey or worth a punt?

fancy the Saxo kit or Mellow Johnnys!!!!

pjt201
    Free Member

firstly refer to the thread a few weeks ago on wearing roadie team kit, secondly they're blatantly fake. will be on really poor quality material with a really poor fit.

also, note the giordana logo on the mellow johnny's kit – the real stuff is made by nike.

cove123

sorry pjt201 missed the roadie thread, have you got the link?

tron
    Free Member

Twas basically a load of bitching. If you wear team kit, you should go like an exocet missile. If you bimble about in it, people will go onto internet forums and talk about how foolish you looked.

cove123

http://shop.mellowjohnnys.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2

Livestrong stuff by nike, johnny's Giordana

cove123

thanks Tron, bimble on the uphills and use weight as advantage on the downhills!!!!

Race face/Dakine stuff just looks odd on the road/CX bike???

pjt201
    Free Member

oh, ok – thought all the armstrong related stuff was nike, sorry. still looks pretty fake to me though.

beefy

They are ace! Yes, they are fake, but made from coolmax and the pad is super comfy. Fit on the shorts is superb, maybe they will only last a year, but don't be snobbish about it, they are genuinely great.

daveells
    Free Member

I got the mellow johnnys for £31 squid, great value ,if they last me a couple of months,pad comfy,went out on a really wet muddy ride and the colours didn't run.And I'm fast as **** 😆

tron
    Free Member

Interesting to hear that. What are the jerseys like? 3 elasticated pockets? It's barely more than a pair of bibs from Decathlon.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Used a similar site (not via ebay) and they are fake but for the money worth a punt. I got Mellow johnny stuff which was fine but my mates Sky kit was a different shade of blue compaired to the proper stuff.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I was in my local bike shop the other day (part of a chain) and overheard a salesman chatting to a punter about replica kit. Apparently its very difficult to sell and thats not just becasue it tends to be expensive, just that no one wants it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ebay and way to cheap road team cycle kits?’ is closed to new replies.