Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • eBay and PayPal
  • bluebird
    Free Member

This might have been done before, but …

Is it legal for Ebay to force sellers to offer PayPal if they have a feedback score of less than 100 (ie at least 100 eBay transactions)?

Recently I’ve had a couple of payments held for no other reason than I don’t meet eBay/PayPal’s, quite frankly, ridiculous criteria as a safe seller, despite having no negative feedback in over five and a half years, and that’s before I go on about sellers being the ones who pay to sell on eBay and pay to receive funds via PayPal.

longweight
    Free Member

I think it is as you use the site under their terms?

bluebird
    Free Member

Yes, but they added this condition recently. I have no problem with paying their fees and abiding by reasonable terms and conditions. But it seems to me they are exploiting their position as a place to sell goods by forcing you to use their own ‘bank’.

druidh
    Free Member

you use the site under their terms

richpips
    Free Member

Anything that makes it more difficult for sellers to do a runner with ones cash is a good thing imo.

I got scammed some years ago for £30 ish quid. A seller opened an account and sold 60 thing for a similar price, then disappeared.

You might be honest, but there are plenty out there who aren’t.

and that’s before I go on about sellers being the ones who pay to sell on eBay and pay to receive funds via PayPal

Ebay is a business, they do it to make money.

richcc
    Free Member

I reported this to Office of Fair Trading. Didn’t even get an acknowledgement. I personally think that it’s a bit naughty

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘eBay and PayPal’ is closed to new replies.