Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • eBay
  • owenfackrell
    Free Member

Starting to think, what with fees etc if eBay is worth selling on.
    I sold the old NX eagle chainset on there which included a 32t and a 34t ring and even through in the Dub bb I had. The buyer has just contacted me to say them at the left hand pedal thread is stripped. Well it wasn’t when I removed them as after loosing it I untreated it by hand. They have stated that they have the pedal on but it’s loose and will fall off. It sounds to me like they damaged it and are now trying to claim it was like it.

nickjb
    Free Member

Selling second hand stuff is a risk. I’ve had a couple of minor issues, like when someone wants it to be as new despite being clearly marked as not, but most of the time it works fine. I wouldn’t sack it off from one bad experience. For higher value items I’ve gone with collection only so the buyer can inspect it and make their own mind up. Its not as good, I could’ve sold the bike I’m selling 10 times over if I posted it, but when it does go I know the buyer will be happy.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, it’s not the no brainer it used to be, you really need to detail every wee mark now, and show pics, keep yourself completely bomb proof or it can end up a shit show.

I’d put a bike up for sale on there, but I wouldn’t let it run to auction end now, more use it as an advert to get folks to come and buy.

hardtailonly

I’d ask them to return it, and once you’ve had it back and seen for yourself, then consider a refund/part refund.

If the buyer simply opens a dispute you’d probably lose and have to give a full refund plus not have your crankset back.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have the photos I took of them which does show both pedal threads. My concern is getting them back damaged when they weren’t.

paulwf

Unfortunately I expect one of two things has happened
    – buyer damaged the crank you sent them
    – buyer damaged their crank, so bought your one so they can then get a refund by falsely claiming it is damaged.

I guess you can demand they send it back (eBay will help you by giving a return label if they request a return) and then you can video reopening it and hopefully the crank they send back is not the one you sent them.
    eBay may side with you, but probably wont

alan1977
    Free Member

^^ the second option
    people are (insert expletive)
    either way.. the buyer is at fault.. and i nthe eyes of ebay the buyer will not be at fault.
    best thing you can hope for is they get lost on the way back so you can claim.
    need to get i nteh habit of marking stuff… and detailing it.. although i fear it still won’t help if it comes to contesting it

kerley
    Free Member

I wouldn’t sack it off from one bad experience.

Nor would I. I have been seeking since 2003 and the first time I have had problems is in the last 2 months with people not getting their item due to postage delays (although they all got them in the end) and one idiot who bought some tyre sealant but claimed (via PayPal after 80 days!) it was not as described as he thought it should be thicker. Turns out he was after slime for his inner tubes rather than sealant for his tyres!. Wasted an hour of my time dealing with it, calling PayPal etc,. but case was closed in my favour.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘eBay’ is closed to new replies.