Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Eating when night riding question
  • carlos
    Free Member

Evening All,

So all you that ride at night or even of an evening, what and when do you eat?

I try to eat a sandwich either late afternoon or on the way to the start point and then when I get home, which can be anywhere from 21:00 to 23:00, tend to have a pizza. Not the healthiest but a bit of a routine and defo can’t ride on a full meal/stomach

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

If I can I have a bowl of porridge about an hour before going out the a bowl of pasta pesto bacon and sweet corn and a can of coke!

RoterStern
    Free Member

For me I start my night rides straight from work at 9pm so I haven’t usually eaten anything since noon. Then a bowl of muesli when I get home at around 11pm.

fasthaggis

Eat at work ( big lunch ) then a snack at the end of the ride. The hard part is cooking the family meal ,then heading out the door 😉

endurogangster
    Free Member

Similar to the OP I try to have a late lunch then after my ride something easy when I get in either a pizza or microwave the curry the wig cooked earlier!

Junkyard
    Free Member

later /bigger lunch
    Something before setting o – sandwich flapjack
    Depends how late when I get in but usually leftovers from the night before

lucien

For me it’s more about getting enough fluid after a ride and rehydrating, as I’m usually flaked and just want to go to bed.

garage-dweller

Foot long subway for lunch at about 2.00
    Cereal bar at ride start 6.30
    Carbo jelly beans mid ride
    Nuts in pub at about 9.00
    Toast or soup when i get in if still hungry.
    ride = subway excuse!

nbt

Massive lunch at 12 noon – pudding, peas, chips and gravy
    Light tea – sandwiches or beans on toast – when I get home, around 6pm
    ride at 7.30
    couple of pints
    bed around 11
    up for a piss at midnight…
    up for another piss at 4am…

JohnnyPanic

Late afternoon sandwich or Steak Bake & a bowl of porridge an hour before I go out. When I get back, favourite seems to be a bowl of soup with egg noodles in it. Quick to do.

GW
    Free Member

crisps, if I’m really hungry I might ask the landlord to stick a pickled egg in the bag 😉

br
    Free Member

I always struggle with a lack of food late in the ride, and then eat whatever is left over from tea – after a post-ride beer 🙂

Should have a mid-afternoon snack really.

rOcKeTdOg

Tonight we had pork scratchings 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

defo can’t ride on a full meal/stomach

+1 to that.

Haven’t done a night ride for a couple of years, but I’d usually have pasta or rice for lunch, grab a Kellogs Elevenses cake bar about an hour before ride, then nowt for the rest of the day. Cake may often surface in the pub after the ride.

If I resumed night riding I’d have to look at something else as I can’t take too much sugar or carbs on board, my pancreas can’t handle it.

wallop

I had a hot lunch at 2pm, then I rode from 6.30-9.30. Quite a lot of climbing so stopped for a scotch egg at 8pm, it was most welcome. I’ve recently noticed if I have legumes and protein for lunch, I don’t need to fuel during my rides. Winner.

spooky_b329

Surely the done thing after a night ride is to stagger into a pub and beg the chef to stay on 10 minutes and do you a big bowl of chips?!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Eating when night riding question’ is closed to new replies.