• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by dh.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Eating the last few crisps – to pour or not to pour
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

So, I’ve just been challenged by a colleague who watched me tip the last few crisps into my mouth from the packet.

They thought this was appalling manners.

Have I committed a sin worthy of a flogging or are they just being a bit pompous? How else are you supposed to get the last few little bits and crumbs out.

They were Jalapeno flavoured kettle chips (I’m in the USofA) if it helps?

Trekster

Tip when Im at home or work but not if out which isnt often anyway 🙄

yunki
    Free Member

Yes they are being incredibly pompous.. Sounds exactly like something my MIL might have said a few years ago..

Tip them out onto the table/bar, crush ’em up and snort ’em..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crispo
    Free Member

Pour!

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

crush crush pour

Haze

Pour, always.

itstig

Crush and then pour!

nickdavies

Tip. Every American knows we Brits invented manners so you could just point out that tipping is the correct way to finish a bag of crisps (also, whilst educating do point out that they’re crisps, not chips) and they should soon come round.

😉

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I did once have a lady friend who used to open the packet up and lick the insides – even I thought that was vulgar.

But I’ve always been a pourer. I was raised a pourer and I’ll die a pourer. I was just amazed at how strongly this person felt about getting the last few crisps (chips!) out.

Personally – the little bits at the end are the gold dust in any packet anyway – more flavour lurks down there!

brakes
    Free Member

one uses one’s knife and one’s fork dontchaknow

househusband
    Free Member

Sometimes I like to moisten my finger and dab the last few bits…

camo16
    Free Member

The real gent discards the pack at the point you mention and breaks open a new pack – leaving others of lesser distinction to slurp up the plebian crispy bits.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Hmmmm.

Camo – I think you’re not making sense.

A gent would not eat crisps.

Crisps are eaten by the masses. A gent would have some fine pate on a water biscuit.

The crisp is a humble food of humble folk. It has no pretentions. It has no class. It is a sliced and fried potato flavoured to taste like things only a common person would eat (one does not imagine the Queen licking her lips at the thought of Bovril, or cheese and onion).

camo16
    Free Member

I’m talking here about a gent who expected his lady love to transport him to a late supper at the Savoy, but to his horror discovers that his birthday surprise is tea in Stoke. Now, faced with sweaty Northern masses proferring mass market bagged potato snack, our gent’s superior upbring demand that he sample said potato snacks… Hence the advice proferred above.

Not many STW posts have their own back story. That’s extra camo16 value, no added salt.

Cougar

I did once have a lady friend who used to open the packet up and lick the insides – even I thought that was vulgar.

Good gods, that’s marriage material.

irelanst
    Free Member

In Yorkshire, the done thing is to tip the lot down, then with the aid of a rubber band use the packet as ‘birth control’ – chilli crisps aint rite popular in Brid 😉

piemonster

Good gods, that’s marriage material.

Plus one. Do you still have her number?

garage-dweller

It is appalling manners to waste the yummy crumbs at the bottom off the packet. All other considerations of etiquette may therefore be discarded.

piemonster

Everybody knows the maximum flavour concentration is wedged in the corners with the crumbs.

dh
    Free Member

Does nobody put their crisps in a roll?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Eating the last few crisps – to pour or not to pour’ is closed to new replies.