Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Eating the fridge after a big ride
  • instanthit
    Free Member

Did 112 mile road sportive on Sunday(lots of climbing) and still cant stop eating. Weight loss was minimal on the ride but so far have had double breakfast, lunch plus loads of fruit, then had a craving for a custard slice, although this did start on the ride, but have had to settle for a donut so far today. Still only 2 o’clock and im still dreaming of food, anyone else get this?

djglover
    Free Member

+1

Did southern sportive yesterday. Upon finishing I had a large packet of dry roasted nuts, a whole roast chicken with masses of chips.

This morning had double sausage & two hash browns in a sandwich and just polished off a massive helping of carbonara for lunch.

RealMan
    Free Member

Rode 100 miles yesterday, nice and easy, but I still ate a huge pizza, and then a load of lasagne later, and some ice cream after. But then I didn’t really eat much during the ride, or have a particularly big breakfast.

But yeah, after a big, hard ride, I’ll usually spend the rest of the day moaning about my legs, eating, drinking, and moaning about my legs.

lucien

Eat and drink more on the ride, this cuts down the cravings post ride. Make sure there is plenty of decent food around the house / in the fridge to avoid the “I want fat / sugar” cravings. Oh…….and be more self-disciplined 😯

RealMan
    Free Member

this cuts down the cravings post ride.

But that’s the fun part..

atlaz
    Free Member

I finished my ride on Saturday and after having a wash went to get some food at a restaurant. Massive bowl of pasta and after I’d finished, when the girl offered me the dessert menu I asked for the food menu and ordered a pizza to chase down the pasta. Ordinarily I wouldn’t have eaten so much but after 5 hours riding I was a bit peckish. The key is to get something down you for the recovery when your body is craving but not to succumb to the fatty bursting to get out. I failed that 😉

binners

The famous King Sized Mixed kebab from the Turkish Delight is the ideal post ride snack-ette. An absolute mountain of char-grilled chicken and lamb, which would comfortably feed a family of four for a week

Post night ride nirvana 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Doesn’t look that well packed, Binners.

RealMan
    Free Member

Is that before or after consumption? 😯

😀

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s the white stuff?

WillC9999
    Free Member

Never ask that!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Eating the fridge after a big ride’ is closed to new replies.