Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • eating rubbish
  • SaxonRider

I just had a visitor to my office, who very kindly ‘brought lunch’. This consisted of ‘snack sized’ corned beef pasties and custard slices from a bakery.

I ate two pasties over the course of an hour, and one custard slice about 30 minutes after that, and now I’m angry with myself. I am desperately trying to be good, but it’s hard when people mean well and present you with tempting crap!

I have now had 787 calories of junk, and my day has gone downhill somewhat. Other than swimming extra hard tonight, is there any consolation to be had? 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

I bet they tasted good

samuri
    Free Member

I could start ranting away about sugar but it’s probably not worth it.

My personal opinion is that you can fill yourself with junk like that and experience no ill effects, it’s the sugar you want to watch.

wwaswas

The guilt will probably do you some good.

mmmm, custard slice 🙂

will
    Free Member

Just enjoy it. You’ll not die if you eat it for one day.

DrP

But imagine if he DID die….

DrP

scotroutes

We were given a couple of Krispy Kreme doughnuts last night. I was pleasantly surprised at how light the pastry was – almost like a choux – but the amount of sugar in the filling and topping was off the scale (for my tastes). I don’t reckon they’ve done any lasting damage though!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Due to my current cancer treatment I’ve been told by the doc’s to eat rubbish (high carbs, high fat) in an attempt to keep my weight up, it’s harder than you think when you’ve got no appetite, no sense of taste and no saliva 🙁

scotroutes

Would you like me to send you some spit?

wwaswas

*makes ‘I hope these two know each other otherwise this comment looks more than a bit insensitive’ face*

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve just eaten a piece of….

LARDY CAKE.

and I can’t type the word that I don’t give

lucien

@ DezB – thought it read “Lady Cake” mmmmmmm…..no calories in that!

Solo
    Free Member

I have now had 787 calories of junk, and my day has gone downhill somewhat. Other than swimming extra hard tonight, is there any consolation to be had?

Firstly, I don’t think its the end of the world, just for you eating a bit of fatty meat and sugar.

Secondly, everyone, everyone strays from their usual choice of food, occasionally. My opinion is, if you gonna eat junk. ENJOY IT !

Then climb back onto the wagon. If you want to and until….. the next time.
    😉

nickc

Presumably you don’t eat like this everyday?

Don’t worry about it.

warton
    Free Member

I’ve been very good these last few days, then my boss bought everyone a bag of mini eggs for easter today. 200gmr, 1000 cals, gone in 15 minutes.

still, I’m biking home, going to add in an extra 30 mins, that will at least partly make up for it 🙂

and damn they were good!!!

jam-bo

are you a catholic?

hilldodger
    Free Member

My boss bought an “Easter cake” in today, Tesco special, serves 24 (yeah right)
    320 cals and 29g sugar per serving (so 7860 cals and 696g sugar per cake) three of us have eaten half of it already 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

If you were as serious about only eating healthy food as your guilt complex suggests then you wouldn’t have eaten it. Has your diet taken away the ability to say ‘no’?

One pastie wouldn’t suffice? No wonder you’re angry with yourself, I’m angry, very angry, with you too.

I think scotroutes means he wants to get jiggy with Dibbs.

avdave2

Someone bought doughnuts yesterday – I didn’t eat any
    Someone else bought doughnuts today – I haven’t eaten any

Was it difficult? – no

Am I a smug bastard? –

Gary_M
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say so, determined and dedicated yes, smug no

sircharles
    Free Member

This time of year one must eat a healthy diet.

That is my rule of thumb in the cold months,and it most certainly pays off.

zippykona

Most of the world would love the opportunity to eat those foods. Not eating them would be an insult to those people.

redthunder
    Free Member

Yesterdays Trail Nibble.

[Formerly known as Disco Biscuits….snigger]

Ex Disco Biscuits by SGMTB, on Flickr

Ex Disco Biscuits by SGMTB, on Flickr

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s really not a big deal. Just don’t do it all the time 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sounds like the only down side from your lunch is the guilt you’ve inflicted upon yourself.

SaxonRider

The thing is, I only ate the stuff about two hours ago now, and I am hungry again. And my mouth has a gross taste in it.

My normal lunch including a tin of mackeral, celery, carrots, yoghurt, a granola bar, and some fruit doesn’t make me feel this way!

yossarian
    Free Member

800 cal of crap on one day will make zero difference to any diet or programme you are on. Just tough it out for the rest of today and remember how eating shite made you feel.

Kryton57

I’ve been eating “clean” for two months. I’ve only lost 1/2lb, 1/2% body fat and I swear my belly looks bigger. I’m not riding any fatser either.

I’m beginning to wonder why I’m bothering tbh.

br
    Free Member

Exercise it off.

dingabell
    Free Member

Don’t feel too guilty. My weekends nutrition consisted of doughnuts, curry, cake, beer and a massive bucket of Cadburys mousse with brownies and maltesers in it. I felt guilty for ten minutes because after funishing all that I then ate a share size bag of Munchies.

I tend to eat very good stuff 90% of the time and the other 10% doesn’t bother or affect me. And I was a bit of a chubber once.

11.5st @ 6′ and some dirty food as a treat occassionally has absolutely no adverse affect on that

mikey74
    Free Member

Due to my current cancer treatment I’ve been told by the doc’s to eat rubbish (high carbs, high fat) in an attempt to keep my weight up, it’s harder than you think when you’ve got no appetite, no sense of taste and no saliva

Didn’t anyone notice this kinda put this whole thread into perspective?

All the best Dibbs.

landofgiants
    Free Member

Mikey74, my sentiments exactly.

And besides when did we all become calorie counting robots? If ur gonna eat some junk, then unless your arteries are already full of chip fat, enjoy it! The OP says he’s off swimming later to burn it off. Good for you mate, but don’t feel guilty man. You sound like a chick!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Life could be worse. Michael is sat freezing outside sainsburys in Llandudno right now. I reckon he’d fancy a corned beef pasty.

CountZero

Moderation in everything. Eat anything you damned well please; just don’t eat it all the time.

DezB – Member
    I’ve just eaten a piece of….

LARDY CAKE.

and I can’t type the word that I don’t give
    But is that a proper lardy cake, or the emasculated stuff supermarkets sell? There should be LOADS of lard in it, a friend of mine had to make it for an episode of Escape To The Country, and the first recipe she tried was dry and not very good, because too much lard is supposed to be bad for you. The second one, on the other hand… 😈

chewkw
    Free Member

How come the population did not decrease when lard was part of the daily food diet?

landofgiants
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with lard. Margarine is the killer!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘eating rubbish’ is closed to new replies.