• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by JxL.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Eating out around Preston?
  • Elsa
    Free Member

Just moved to Preston and looking for a nice restaurant (dont mind what sort of food) to go for a birthday meal. Can be in Preston, Fulwood, Longridge or anywhere nearby.

Any suggestions please? I have been here a week and have no idea where to go.

Thanks

Junkyard
    Free Member

cant help you but happy to show you round rivvy add you to the list of people who go on night rides/local riding

Welcome to the area
    My e-mail inprofile if you are interested

thomthumb
    Free Member

hahaha.

it's all pies and coal up north. you'll be lucky to find anything that i'd recognise as food.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Hospital Inn at Bamber Bridge (only a pub but an extensive menu)

Burlingtons at Broughton (Bit posher and more expensive)

Hamadan at Longridge (good basic Indian with no licence so they encourage you to bring your own wine/beer)

Sharjan at Samlesbury (posher and more expensive indian)

Never mind eating, you need to get riding the area. Plenty to keep you busy.

Wozza
    Free Member

Try Heathcoates in the centre.

Link

izakimak
    Free Member

There's a good curry house on the way into blackburn but i can't remember the name. to get there leve preston and head for the m6 tickled trout junction go staight under the motorway and head up the hill towards samlesbury. Get it the right hand lane at the light's and go straight across the roundabout towards blackburn. Continue for about 1 mile and the place is on the left. The food's great but they are strict muslim's so don't expect any alcohol.

There's also Northcote Manor on the A59. To get there Go to the m6 tickled trout junction straight under the motorway, up the hill stay in the left lane and follow the A59 towards Clithroe, after about 6 or 7 miles it on the left just before a roundabout there is a sign on the side of the road pointing to it. I think it still has a michelin star so may be worth ringing first to find out if they have any tables.

Home

The same bloke has a few gastropubs around the area which are pretty good too.

The inn at whitewell used to be good too but i have'nt been for a while to get there head for longridge then chipping then whitewell you can't miss it, nice drive out that way too the duddon valley is beautiful.

Hope this helps.

cynic-al
    Free Member

ex GF loved Duk I thought it was OK

Vortexracing

Nice restaurant at the back end of our village (coppull)

The Thyme and Plaice, (01257 480287) family run, small place, superb food and fantastic service, table is yours for the night.

Get a taxi and enjoy

Elsa
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Me and the bf do plan to get out riding soon! Isnt there a local riding club nearby? Cant remember what its called…

Junkyard
    Free Member

NO
    Bog trotters in Lancaster SFBarnes fromthis parish is yer man for them- big club leader is a c0ck though*…
    BAD – Blackburn based – friendly people slowish paced
    Groovy Tribe (did not respond to my e-mails but may have been just me

Dont think there is one in Preston though perhaps UCLAN?

* joking he is fine in the real world 😉

JxL
    Free Member

There should also be a restaurant not far from Train Station called Sakura (if you like more adventurous food). Last time I went there food was fantastic.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Eating out around Preston?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts