Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Eating in Halifax tomorrow night….
  • wingnuts

Quick overnight trip up north tomorrow night and won’t arrive till about 9.00. Need somewhere that can cater for a veggie/fish orientated Mrs Wingnuts. Staying at the wonderful Premier Inn South. Like a good curry but doesn’t have to be that. Would prefer not to drive as I’d like to imbibe a little bit. Any suggestions gratefully received.

nigew
    Free Member

Premier Inn South is a little out of Halifax,
    taxis are cheap though!
    I would avoid eating at the Watermill next door, the food is shite.
    Most pubs around there will close their kitchens at 9pm too.
    Halifax Centre isn’t known for fine dining!
    There is a new cinema / eating out part of town which is mainly Nandos, Franki and Bennys etc but there is a good curry house opposite, most of the others are only any good at the end of the night when your leathered.
    There is a very nice Thai restuarant at Cow Green though!
    Hope that sort of helps

EDIT Thai Corner is the name of the one at cow Green, there is another opposite

brant
    Free Member

Get a cab to Catch Seafood in Greetland.
    You could walk. Good place. Good plaice too!

ElShalimo

If you walk about a mile south there’s a fab curry restaurant Cinnamon at the Mill in West Vale
    There is also a fish restaurant (Catch), and Cafe Thai which is pretty good and a few bars.

EDIT: not been to Catch but I see that Brant is a fan!

frankconway

Ricci’s Tapas at dean clough.
    They have fish & veggie options but best to book for a friday night; you could also ask about current menu.

wingnuts

Catch Seaford sounds the biz. I’l get brownie points if its walkable! Thanks everyone. I’ll let you know how it goes. After a few hours crawling up the M1 I may not even be able to appreciate it’s offerings. Website looks v good.

frankconway

Last orders at Catch is/are at 9pm, i think.
    You might want to check as you could be going hungry.

mattyfez

Riccis tapas at dean clough is a good shout, only a two or three quid in a taxi.

NCC

West Vale is a good shout these days. Catch, Cafe Thai and Cinnamon are all good.

Failing that, a taxi to Sowerby Bridge is peanuts from your hotel and the (culinary) world is then your oyster.

brant
    Free Member

How did it go?

ElShalimo

He forgot his wallet so he’s still in there washing the dishes
    😉

wingnuts

Well it was a bloody disaster! Not the food or anything! Not the forgotten wallet. Leaving Milton Keynes just after 4 the first road works happened in Towcester which slowed us by 20min before even getting to the M1. The motorway was a disaster with roadworks and rush hour so we decided to cut across towards Stoke and then north through the Peak towards south Manc. Everyone and there dog compounded umpteen road closures and crashes to mean we arrived in Halifax at 10.05. 30ish mph average over 165miles!

Couldn’t even get food at the Brewers wotsit. Blessing in disguise I suppose but even the dry roasted peanuts and prawn flavoured crisps failed to make up for the disappointment of not going to Catch.

Drove past in the morning and felt hungry. We will get there before christmas. I will post a review!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Eating in Halifax tomorrow night….’ is closed to new replies.