Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Eating hamburgers with a knife and fork.
  • zippykona

In majorca a table full of Germans did it.
    Last night a man at pub quiz did it . Now a lady next to me in a restaurant is doing it.
    It’s just plain wrong.
    Rant over.

scotroutes

Problem isn’t the burger, it’s the over-stuffed roll/bap it’s served in. Once you add bacon, onion rings, peppers, cheese and some random green stuff it’s too big to eat from the hand without stuff squirting out the sides.

ads678

My boss does this. And he’s a farmer with mahoosive hands!!

spooky_b329

Are we talking;

or

A hamburger should be easily handled

Onzadog
    Free Member

Pick it up and get in there I say. Both hands and face will wash after the event if needs be.

RobHilton
    Free Member

The behaviour of freaks!

I bet they hold their knives like pens and everything

inverjoe
    Free Member

Your sitting in a restaurant on your phone and your having a go at peoples table manners…

Drac

Yup I’ve done but from proper burgers like these.

siwhite
    Free Member

Sometimes I’ll snip a particularly big specimen in half with gobbling rods, but mostly it’s a handheld affair…

funkmasterp

It’s the ones who use knives and forks on pizzas that are the worst. Sick bastards

zippykona

I’m messaging from under the table so it merely looks like I’m abusing myself.

dissonance

Yup I’ve done but from proper burgers like these.

Yeah. Sometimes its needed when the burger is too big to hold.
    Admittedly I tend to try and avoid those sort of burgers since it does feel wrong.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’m messaging from under the table so it merely looks like I’m abusing myself skinning up.

ads678

The key with burgers is once you pick it up don’t put it back down again otherwise they start to fall apart.
    Once held it has to be eaten.

thepurist

It’s the ones who use knives and forks on pizzas that are the worst. Sick bastards

funkmasterp

Proves my point nicely. Thank you sir 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

I much prefer a knife and fork on pizzas and burgers. I sometimes even use them on garlic bread.

mattsccm
    Free Member

My wife does. Pizza and burgers. Weird. I, of course use my hands and lick them or wipe them on my trews.

funkmasterp

I much prefer a knife and fork on pizzas and burgers. I sometimes even use them on garlic bread.

PM me if you need to talk. We can all help you. You’ve admitted that you’re broken and that’s the first step. Well done and stay brave.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I had a co-worker who used chopsticks to eat sandwiches so I think I am normal.

funkmasterp

Don’t slip in to denial on me brick 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Whilst in Canada in 2000 I tried to outdo my Canadian friend who’d asked for an ‘overloaded 1/2 pounder’ by asking for a ‘double overloaded’ one.
    Now, I can eat but when it came I thought, ‘ohh shiit, what have I done’

It was either a knife & fork job or really really messy hands/face/shirt/table/floor.

*it was in roadside eatery near Red Deer, Alberta.

funkmasterp

It was either a knife & fork job or really really messy hands/face/shirt/table/floor.

Please say you went for the v messy hands, face, shirt combo? Don’t let me down essel. Lie to me if it makes it easier.

Half the fun of eating burgers, pizza, chicken legs etc is the freedom from the shackles of cutlery.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eat them how you like, quite why someone has to comment on how people eat is odd.

Anyway, you’ll be eating burgers and fries via this one day..

funkmasterp

I think it was intended as a fun thread?

scotroutes

bikebouy is Dracs other login?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Please say you went for the v messy hands, face, shirt combo? Don’t let me down essel. Lie to me if it makes it easier.

I copied off Brad, my Canadian friend. Messy business.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Anyway, you’ll be eating burgers and fries via this one day..

Smoothies are healthy, yes?

thecaptain
    Free Member

Saw the title and thought “Germans”!

binners

What about hot dogs……

bikebouy
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

Ohh cheeky You.

I’m not that dour.

I posted the pic because, simply, why would anyone take a McDonald’s meal and blend it.. the story goes on they then sucked it through a straw…

The only issue I have with eating is the “chewing with open mouth” embarrassment scenario..

Ewe.

funkmasterp

I posted the pic because, simply, why would anyone take a McDonald’s meal and blend it.. the story goes on they then sucked it through a straw…

Possibly influenced by this classic album

Drac

As a mod you agreed not to give that a way.

kayak23

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Burgers that you can’t pick up in your hands (and preferably hold in one after the first couple of bites – leaving your other hand free for beer) due to being overfilled with unnecessary ingredients, or even worse, fall apart due to soggyness are a massive, massive fail, and shouldn’t be allowed.

They could maybe rename them to “Food with accompanying bun arrangement”, but that’s about it.

edlong
    Free Member

Firstly a confession: I like eating pizza with cutlery.

But burgers? That’s just an admission of failure. One of my proudest achievements as a teenager was being the only one of my peers able to properly eat a Damn Yankee Robert E Lee half pounder (smothered, and I mean soaked, in barbeque sauce).

As others have mentioned, the key is to get the initial lift right. You only get one go at it, and once it’s in the hand, it’s there for the duration.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Huge fan of KFC’s Zinger box meal ..and my side order is always gravy ..Im sure that this is purely meant for dipping your chips in ( no euphemism intended)..but once the burger is down to size ..in it goes bun and all..
    Anyone else ?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Have you lot never been to a Wimpy ?

1/4 pounder with cheese, in a brown eaten, with a knife and fork.

I love the 80s

funkmasterp

That was the posh version of Wimpy though. They also had one for normal people too. Huddersfield had both. Guess which one was the busiest?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Once a month (once!! Child cruelty right there) my Mother would take me to this establishment. We’d sit, we’d order, anxiety would settle in, it would arrive.. the most juicy succulent burger coupled with elegantly fine fries..

The meal lasted all of about 16seconds.. and the clean up operation lasted about 15mins..

But back on topic, burgers are great. I have issues now with the amount of juice they excrete and the shere size of the things.. but mostly I dislike the soggy bottom bun.. saturated in gunk.
    So I see no issue with using cutlery on occasions where the burger is teetering on the edge of collapse.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Eating hamburgers with a knife and fork.’ is closed to new replies.