Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Eating / drinking things in a supermarket, before you've paid for them.
  • kunoichi
    Free Member

I regularly do this and I think it's quite funny that some people have so little going in their lives that they might get annoyed by it. I will make an effort to do it more blatantly from now on.

My life is so full that I don't get much time to eat so I am often hungry or thirsty when I get to the shops. A nice big swig on a carton of apple juice is a favourite. All goes to the checkout in the end.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

It really annoys me. Can't they just wait. It's not like they're going to collapse from malnutrition if they have to wait 20 mins to eat is it. The less time they spend waddling around the supermarket feeding their faces the less time they spend getting in my way and preventing me from doing something more interesting. As for kids: They shouldn't need bribing with food to behave well either, try giving them a proper up bringing and teaching them a bit of respect. It's no wonder that we have such an obesity problem in this country if parents think this is a good example to set their children. The only situation I can think of that this would be acceptable is if someone has diabetes or something and might need sugar in a hurry.

kennyp
    Free Member

Whilst shopping this afternoon, I once again saw someone pushing their trolley round, filling their (fat) face (Kettle chips), while they filled their trolley.

I'm guessing this took place in Asda?

Expat
    Free Member

Supermarkets sell everything now, park your trolly by a camping table and have a picnic, you could even invite some fellow shoppers to join you.
    that would be worth moaning about……

CHB

I regularly do this if shopping and have missed my evening meal.
    It's not theft until you try and leave the premises without paying.
    Eating "free" grapes is just part of legitimate sampling before buying. I often need to sample several grapes to check consistency!

As said above, only the tawdry middle classes worry about upsetting tesco till workers.

SandyThePig
    Free Member

At the weekend there, my gf was moaning that she was thirsty, so cracked open a bottle of diet coke she got off the shelf.

We paid for it, so no harm done.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I am guessing those that critisise pearents from doing it don't have kids. Small children don't understand waiting for something and if you put something they like in the trolly and they decied they want it they don't understand being told that they have to wait 10/20 mins as to them thats for ever. I used to do it with mine when they were smaller and my wife has done it with bottled water when she was pregnant and feeliing faint.

kennyp
    Free Member

I am guessing those that critisise pearents from doing it don't have kids.

No, those that criticise don't have badly behaved kids.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"only the tawdry middle classes worry about upsetting tesco till workers."
    Yeah, because the 'till workers' dont register on your radar do they? tw*t.

rickk

Bothered me for a while but thinking it through it's not a problem if you intend to pay up at the end.
    People feeding kids while shopping? If the above applies then it's their kids, none of my business..

Flaperon

Petrol stations seem to manage OK

If your card doesn't work or if you've left your wallet at home – you simply give them your name & address & pay later

Not in my* experience. If you can't get a friend or relative to come and pay for you their (Esso) policy is to call the police and report it as theft. No exceptions.

*My = my sister, who left her purse at home once.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Eating / drinking things in a supermarket, before you've paid for them.’ is closed to new replies.