Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Eating after a evening ride
  • mikey74
    Free Member

In training for the Ride 100, I’m doing 55-90km rides in the evening, after work, meaning I’m not usually in a position to eat until around 8:30-9pm (depending on what time I get out of work).

What do people eat when in this position?

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Just eat normally so whatever you would normally have for dinner. Just don’t use the fact you’ve been for a ride as an excuse to stuff yourself.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Something easy… My current post ride go to is an omelette with potatoes in it, fills me up made in minutes and all tasty.
    Before that when we used to ride further I tried to eat early then the 3 pints after the ride sat better.

Drac

Just eat what you’d normally eat.

beej

A friend and I once did a 100 mile ride at the end of October, starting 5pm and finishing at 11pm.

We had hotdogs and cups of tea, then a beer.

So, have that.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Surely you can just have a ‘normal’ meal at that time, unless you want to be in bed for 10pm. If that’s the case then it would have to be many slices of toast

mrblobby
    Free Member

Depends when you need to get to sleep and whether you’ve got a lot of riding to do the next day too. I’m often finishing a ride about an hour before i need to get to bed. Bowl of porridge or cereal, some scrambled eggs, shake with some protein and finely milled oats. Just need something you can get down fairly easily and isn’t going to keep you awake.

Harry_the_Spider

pie.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well yes, or pie.

chakaping
    Free Member

I sometimes have a little bit of grub with the kids at 5ish, then have another little meal at 10 after I’ve got in and showered.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Eating after a evening ride’ is closed to new replies.