Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Easyjet left 14 Geneva bound bikes at Liverpool Airport on 21st July 2012
  • mybike
    Free Member

I am wanting to get intouch with the other people whos cycling holidays were affected by Easyjet’s over booking of sports equiment.

It appears they don’t give a **** but I’m not going to let it go.

If anybody knows anybody whos bike arrived after they did please post.

The Civil Aviation Authority suggest Easyjet will pay if taken to court.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What was their explanation and when did the bikes get to you?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Doesnt seem to be the first time they’ve done this:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mozine-easyjet-nightmare

jambalaya
    Free Member

Airlines overbook passengers so I suppose it’s not a surprise they do the same with bikes. Are they obliged to take the bikes or is the booking on the basis of their being “space available” ?

mybike
    Free Member

Easyjet’s first response …

31st July 2012

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry to learn that you have received your bike after 2 days and due to this you missed your 2 days of cycling.

I have forwarded your compensation request to our ‘Baggage Claims Department’. They will contact you within 7 working days.

Your patience will be highly appreciated.

Since them their reponse has been two fingers, they suggest I claim from travel insurance but I don’t expect to claim on any insurance policy as it seems unreasonable to ask the insurance to indemnify against Easyjet overbooking of sports equiment (bikes) onto a flight.

I have paid for service which they have failed to deliver.

TheWrongTrousers

You’ll probably find that their conditions of carriage for bikes are much the same as for ‘self-loading cargo’, i.e. you have a contract with them to carry you to Geneva, the ‘when’ (the date,time and flight number) don’t form part of the contract. There will be a standard level of compensation to be paid for delays unless they can prove that it was the fault of someone else.

alexpalacefan

Don’t listen to the nay-sayers. You go after them. I’d be looking for fellow travellers, on their FB site, travellers-sharing-stories sort of sites et c.

Remember that while they may have a contractual weasel-out they can’t stand bad publicity, so make as much stink as you can.

I’d be writing to newspaers, magazines, websites, CTC, anybody who might print a letter.

Good luck,

APF

trail_rat
    Free Member

Same ahppened to me and 4 of our party going to les arc

They had the bike with me by 10 am next day. Annoying but didnt miss owt as the weather was horrendous and lifts were shut.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Easyjet left 14 Geneva bound bikes at Liverpool Airport on 21st July 2012’ is closed to new replies.