Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Easyjet flights do they gt cheaper?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve thinking of grabbing a few days skiing in a couple of weeks time, and have been looking at EasyJet & Jet2 prices. They have remained static for about the last week, which surprises me, I thought they would have gone up as the number of seats got less.

However currently theyre coming out at about £180 each from the East Mids, Manchester/Liverpool to geneva. Do cheap airlines just drop their prices in the last week if the have unsold seats, or do they just fly with unsold seats?

Ta

Drac

Easyjet seat tned to be cheaper the earlier you book them.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

No, they go up the closer to full the plane gets.

Think Easyjet have a sale on which ends tonight, so may well go up tommorow?

uplink
    Free Member

Now I’m sure I remember reading that their software uses the fact that you checked the price as a ‘demand’
    The theory being that if you continually check – you’re increasing demand & may artificially raise the price

I think there was something on moneysavingexpert.com about how to go about estimating the point at which the prices were at their lowest

clubber
    Free Member

We used Easyjet loads and tend to book early (like as soon as the flights are released). I’ve never seen the flights get cheaper than when they’re first available.

Drac

I think there was something on moneysavingexpert.com about how to go about estimating the point at which the prices were at their lowest

The day they go on sale if you want you claim is right.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Check all the hidden ‘extras’ too – if it’s a popular skiing destination it could be they’ve not got any space left to carry your skis, if they do then it might costs you £30 each way or something daft, plus charging to put you other luggage in the hold, it all suddenly adds up.

midlifecrashes

Have a look at the flying from Doncaster instead, seem to be a few better deals going according to their newsletter thingy.

Finningley

eistrar
    Free Member

If i remeber correctly, I think that they would rather leave the seats empty then sell them at a discount price, otherwise eveyone would wait until the last week to book! (If it’s not in high demand).

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Think eistrar is correct – probably worth EasyJet not being full of £1 passengers – the fine for late passengers and not getting off stand in time might wipe out any profit they’d make on them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Easyjet flights do they gt cheaper?’ is closed to new replies.