• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by poah.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Easyjet and kids
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Currently checking in for a trip next week with the kids and refuse to pay the extra £3pp for reserved seats.
    If theres not enough seats for us to sit together and look after our kids what will they do?
    Under 16’s aren’t allowed to sit by themselves.

RoterStern
    Free Member

IME both Ryannair and EJ will find seats for you together. I also refuse to pay the extra for priority boarding etc and when I have been alone with three small kids they have just let me on first in the case of Ryannair or found me seats together in the case of EJ.

iolo
    Free Member

They will refuse to allow the kids on board.
    Surely it’s better to pay the 3 pounds.

leffeboy

Unless you have a lot of kids the stress removed by paying the 3quid is well worth it. Holidays are allowed to start before you get there

johnj2000
    Free Member

Under 5’s get you on first I think without paying for priority. We have risked it a cpl of times now both children are above 5 and never had a problem. Put it this way, nobody will want to share a journey with other peoples children sat next to them so the will swap. Or you could just stump up the 3 quid for a stress free start to the hols.

revs1972
    Free Member

Last time we flew Ryanair with the boy , we paid for priority boarding for just the wife , who “reserved” us 3 seats in a row. Seemed worth it to get to sit together.
    Was quite amusing when a well to do family turned up after the priority queue had gone through, and the rest of us had boarded the plane. They were demanding they were given seats together as they had paid for the priority boarding, and it all got a bit heated until a fellow passenger got involved and ever so politely * persuaded them to take the seats that were left.

* polite may not be the correct term in this case

scotroutes

Go with an airline that doesn’t charge the extra £3?

flatfish
    Free Member

Too late, the wife already booked it.

scotroutes

Dock it from her pocket money 🙂

iamsporticus
    Free Member

I have NEVER paid for reserved seating and have flown many times with budget airlines and package operators

We often get split 2×2 but each kid has always sat next to one of us

Kids are now 8 and 10, they are pretty grown up and from an early age would have been completely cool sitting next to a stranger with their DS for company if O’Leary ever called my bluff……………

flatfish
    Free Member

No pocket money left, I spent it on a new bike.

Doh1Nut

Based on our flights at the weekend.

Easyjet have assigned seating – it is no longer a free for all.
    The seats are assigned at (on-line) check-in. The three pounds only allows you to choose which seats you are assigned.

Young children still board before the masses (but after speedy boarding)

I was amused that they now specifically ask “Trunkies to be put under the seats infront” which makes a lot of sense, keeps the toys available, the kids dont need the leg room and frees up overhead locker space.

DrJ

Can’t understand why anyone would NOT think it was worth 3 quid to choose where they sit ?

Cougar

£3 per person, per trip. Assume a couple and two kids, 3 x 4 = £12 each way, that’s another £24 on top of your flight. If you’re flying to Australia then sure, if it’s a short hop to Europe I think I’d rather have the £24 quid.

poah
    Free Member

Id rather not sit with my kids TBH lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Easyjet and kids’ is closed to new replies.