Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Easyjet and bicycles
  • RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Can someone help me please I think I’m being thick here.

I’m booking a flight online and want to take my bike. Do I select hold luggage and if so what weight should I select? It adds a fair amount to the total cost. Is there any way to avoid this additional cost?
    I thought hold luggage was automatically included and I’d be given an entitlement up to a certain weight. I just don’t want to pay for this when I don’t need it.
    Cheers

Trimix
    Free Member

Do a search on STW.

Or better still, pick another airline thats not a cheap shite one like Sleazy Jet or Ryan Air.

Ive used both, never again.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just booked ours, we paid for one hold item at 20kg and one bicycle each (which can be upto 32kg but not more than 50kg combined with the hold luggage).

As a guide, if you don’t book it and don’t pay for it, you don’t get it.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Select Hold Items, then there’s a drop down menu and bikes are listed (with the price). When you book with Sleazyjet all you get is a seat and hand baggage, you have no automatic hold baggage allowance (this needs to be added in the hold items section too if required).

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Ouch, that’s £71.50!. Well don’t really have much choice I guess due to the destination and the dates required. Thanks y’all

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Has anyone here tried to add things like small tent, sleeping bag, helmet and a few other bulky items for a bikepacking trip in their bike box?

yacoby
    Free Member

I have had the helmet and some tools in the bikebag a couple of times. No problems (although that doesn’t mean you won’t have any problems 😉 )

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Well it’s too late now I guess. One handbag and one bike box with everything in it. I’ll just cross all my loose bits and hope they’re OK. HolyLandMTBChallenge here I come! Arrrgh

Moses

Check the total weight and regs about your bike box well before you go, it’s not too late to add more luggage at the booking price. If they object to an overweight or otherwise non-permitted bike box at the airport, be prepared for some very hefty additional fees.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Thought I saw somewhere that Easy Jet have lowered the bike allowance from 32kg to about 20kg .

frogstomp

They did, but now they’ve put it back up..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Easyjet and bicycles’ is closed to new replies.