Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Easyet charges half what Ryanair charges for taking your bike to Europe
  • PeterHerold
    Free Member

Incredible the difference:

Easyjet

You pay £37/€50 return pre-booking non-refundable for a bike in a box/bag, with a total hold baggage allowance of up to 32 kg. “* The bicycle must be packaged in a bicycle box or bag.… No other items can be carried in the bicycle box (e.g. clothing)”. By booking sports equipment, you increase your hold baggage allowance from 20 kg to 32 kg, so with (say) a 20 kg bike bag/box, you still have 12 kg hold baggage allowance for a bag for which you pay £25. TOTAL PRICE FOR ONE BIKE AND ONE HOLD BAG £62

Ryanair

Bike max 20 kg £80/€96 return. Other checked baggage: 15 kg £35, 20 kg £50. TOTAL PRICE FOR ONE BIKE AND ONE HOLD BAG £115

Do people’s experiences confirm these prices? Any problems encountered?

Peter

nickf
    Free Member

Ryanair in profit-milking shock!

My experience of Easyjet is that they’re cheap but OK. Don’t buy their appalling sandwiches or coffee on the plane, and it’s up to you if you want to pay the additional premium boarding fee, but they’re basically fine.

Ryanair, on the other hand, are just pirates. S*** staff, appallingly deceptive on pricing, and utterly unrepentant about it. Avoid at all costs.

kimbers

ryanair in lying scum shocker

last year checking out flights to mega

advertised 10 quid each way, final total with bike and luggage 75 quid each way

which is a reasonable price still but just **** me off that they are such bullcrappers on their advertising

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am planning to fly to Brussels with Shyster-air and back with Sleazyjet…that’s the information as I know it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thats not what I paid on easyjet? Are you sure?

Flying to Malaga it was ~£120 more than the ticket price for bike bag + 20kg luggage, not sure where the taxes came into it, might have been in the £80 tickets or the £120 extras. Bikes fell outside the 32kg.

Easyjet have different rules on luggage if you book through a 3rd party though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

remember the bike bag is per flight with sleezy jet …..

just booked ed-geneva in july at 630 quid for 2 with 2 bikes and 2 luggage so 70 quid each in bike charges !

chronic ! – missus being a school teacher has its downsides !

for 630 quid i could drive there i think ! – but i dont have enough holidays for that in me van and i hate driving more than i hate flying 😉

vinnyeh

F* me.
    I’ve just paid £17.50 extra to get 23kg of sporting goods allowance to fly my bike to the other side of the world. And no pissing about with ‘no other items in the box’ rules.

thomthumb
    Free Member

if you can opt to pay at the airport with easyjet. 50% of the time i haven’t been charged.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting TT – I’d be too scared to risk it…or not getting your bike on the plane 😐

simon1975

Both airlines pay the local airport for baggage handling so you’re at their mercy when it comes to taking care of your cargo. Flew with Ryanair last year and on both flights the bikes were ready for collection by the time we got through passport control (well before the general luggage started coming out on the conveyor).

phyncra
    Free Member

I think youve misunderstood the easyjet policy. You dont get the remainder of your 32 kg to carry in another bag – it just means youre bike box can be upto 32kg (but without any sneaky clothes in it!)

Even disregarding this easyjet are good with bikes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Easyet charges half what Ryanair charges for taking your bike to Europe’ is closed to new replies.