Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Easy-to-use bike rack recommendations please – Vauxhall Corsa
  • OCB
    Free Member

Your recommendations please for a rear door mounted carrier (suitable for one ordinary shaped bike), that’s as hassle free as possible to install / load / use. It’s to fit a 2004’ish Corsa.

My friend is just starting to return to cycling, and being able to move the bike about easily would help her with this (so she can get to quieter roads to build up confidence et cetera). If it’s a PITA to use it won’t happen (and there’s not yet the option for any bike dismantling malarkey to get it in the car).

I’m advised that “a rack that stays on would probably be ok”.

I’ve had a look about online, but they’ve all kinda started to blend in together, in the way that one small car looks like any other – plus 99% of my rides are straight out of my the door, and the other 1% I just open the back door of my truck and put the bike in, so I’ve never had to think about them. 😉

jkomo

I use a saris bones rack, which is easy enough but it’s all flappy strappy and if the number plate is door mounted, it covers it.
    The Thule one is more of a clip on so prob more permanent and expensive, worth a look.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Yep, we used to have a thule clip on, it was wife-compatible. 🙂

argoose
    Free Member

saris gran fondo. bit pricey but worth it

nickjb
    Free Member

It hasn’t already got one has it? Built in one’s were an option on some corsas. They can also be retro fitted if it is the right age. Not cheap but can be had 2nd hand

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Easy-to-use bike rack recommendations please – Vauxhall Corsa’ is closed to new replies.