Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Easy reading Saturday night thread – colour me a gazebo :-)
  • bearnecessities

Just purchased and will be dismantled for transportation, so seems ideal opportunity to paint up component parts before reassembly. It’s currently stained and 6 months old.

I have no imagination but you lot seem to.

What would you do with this? I’m thinking white beams and pastel (duck egg ish) blue panels, but that’s as far as my imagination can go (i.e, not very)

mikey74
    Free Member

What’s wrong with it as it is? What is it going to be surrounded by in your garden?

bearnecessities

Nothing’s ‘wrong’ as such, just a bit bland…

It’ll have gravel similar to that in pic for about a 1ft, then surrounded by grass.

Behind it in either direction will be fencing like that’s on the left of this pic (that’s getting done at end of this month as well as garden being levelled ready for turfing)

It’s going in that corner, to block out neighbour as well as provide a home for spiders 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Gulf Racing colours

Everything looks better in pale blue and orange

mikey74
    Free Member

Is there a concrete base going down?

I’d avoid pastels and whites as they will look tatty and dirty quite quickly. A different stain will be more practical and require less maintenence I would have thought..

wallop

Sage green.

bearnecessities

Haven’t researched base options yet but concrete seems a faff for a gazebo? Shed I’d understand.

I’m not too bothered about practicality/maintenance to be honest – just colour ideas other than the usual red/green/brown stains.

Two tone ideally (sage green looks nice, with white beams?)

Come on people, imagination! Gulf colours in the lead so far 😀

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

A nice muted purple/grey (something like farrow and ball ‘brassica’) for the gazebo … maybe a soft grey or green on the fence … and plant a (bee-friendly) jasmine on that trellis–the green will look great next to the purple gazebo 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TTIWWJ.

bearnecessities

Ok, so you’ve all had a drink now….suggestions?

somafunk

Lurid pink?, after all it’s only going to be the girlies who use it as obviously the men will all be standing round the barbecue trying to attain the title of Alpha male.

maccruiskeen

I’d go for a silvery birch grey. Keep the orangey roof though and maybe a sky-blue floor paint for the decking

maccruiskeen

Like this

jekkyl

Red and yellow, the colours of fire, no need for a paint brush, some petrol and a match should do it.

Bregante

Take the side bits out and do this

[*]

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter what colour you paint it, you’re never going to fit a brass band in there

bearnecessities

^ best answer 😀

somafunk

Bregante – that’s only if he serves up Garlic Magic Mushrooms for a starter

wallop

For the love of God don’t paint anything white, man!

bearnecessities

Why not?! (Serious question)

wallop

It’s outside! It’ll get minging!

bearnecessities

I have a pressure washer 😀

takisawa2

Paint it up like a mini Greggs.

wallop

I have a pressure washer

😆 do you have more paint as well?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Easy reading Saturday night thread – colour me a gazebo :-)’ is closed to new replies.