Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Easy jet and bike boxes
  • puffingbilly
    Free Member

Just packed my bike box ready for my Majorca training camp and used the spare space for other stuff like helmet, gels, socks and still well under the 32kg weight limit. Just noticed on their web site that they don’t allow other stuff to be put in the box.

Has any one been caught out by this?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

always put that stuff in no one ever said anything

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Me too, no issues mate.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Easy jet don’t handle the baggage, the airport does.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’d keep the shoes and helmet in hand luggage. That way, you can still ride a rental bike if the airport loses your bike.

FuzzyWuzzy

Traveled a few times with Easyjet (and a bike bag) and they’ve never cared about stuff inside it (it’s not them that x-rays it anyway). As above though, generally better to take at least your shoes (and pedals if not Look/Shimano) in carry-on in case your bike bag doesn’t make it to Majorca

puffingbilly
    Free Member

Cheers chaps…..had got my shoes in my carry on just in case.

Just didn’t want to get caught by some over zealous check in clerk.

Now for some sun and plenty of miles, coffee and cake!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Helmet in hand luggage too for me.
    Also airports are near the top of the rule one zones, be nice be polite and smile. Makes the whole process much smoother.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

I’ve been asked a few times if there was anything else in bike bag at Geneva but they’ve never checked when I’ve said just a bike

STATO
    Free Member

I have been asked before if its just the bike, so I stated it was a bike and padding to protect it. The padding was body armour and some clothes.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got asked whether there was anything else in the bag last time, and I’ve heard of others being checked or searched and made to take stuff out, I’ve been walked to the weighing/x-ray machine to check I don’t lie about the weight before but never checked.

Are you taking another bag of checked in luggage? That might be the differentiation, if you’re just taking a bike bag and a small carry on for a week they might question it.

airports are near the top of the rule one zones, be nice be polite and smile.

I suspect a healthy degree of this. I managed to get on the next flight when mine was overbooked when the guy ahead of me was in the same situation but chose to go down the Ronnie ******* Pickering route and I’m guessing didn’t fly till the next day as a result.

pigeonthing
    Free Member

not had a prob with pads, tyres, spares etc in box, last year my mate went for the kitchen sink approach and went over the 32kg.. they picked this up at easy jet check in counter, but were happy for him to open up the box and take a few bits out to get down to 32… It was still chock full of random stuff but they were happy to put it through…

beinbhan

Last time they just asked me the weight and never checked. Only thing they always asked is if I have deflated the tyres correct answer is yes although I never do.

Onzadog
    Free Member

When asked about tyres, I tell the truth. “don’t worry, they’ve been adjust for the flight”. Which actually means I’ve pumped them up to protect the rims from baggage handlers.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Easy jet and bike boxes’ is closed to new replies.