Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • easy fun off road routes, any recommendations?
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Any suggestions for a route or three to take my better half on round Yorkshire. Fun but easy, ala glentress blue (she really enjoyed) winlatter blue (heading there in a few weeks). Not too rocky and not too exposed nor deathly dull like Dalby blue.

martinhutch

Does it have to be a blue route at a trail centre? If so, we can narrow it down to the blue route at Gisburn and the fun bermy trail at Hurstwood.

Except neither is in Yorkshire, obviously.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

No need for it to be at a trail centre more as a reference they tend to be easy comparisons.

Also I discovered this weekend my recollections of easy and fun real world rides don’t really coincide with not rocky or exposed (and therefore not what my other half would consider fun though she’s rapidly getting the hang of it and will soon laugh at me as she out rides me I think)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    martinhutch

This is a good one. Probably a bit more climbing than a normal blue route, but nothing particularly technical on it at all.

http://www.yorkshiredales.org.uk/outandabout/gettingactive/cycling/mtb/mtb-findaroute/mtb-route-malhammoor/mtb-grassington_malham_moor.pdf

A few of the routes on that site are decent for novices.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It was actually the settle loop from there which resulted in my being dressed down about route choice, I’ve not done the one above though so may have a nosey thank you.

martinhutch

It was actually the settle loop from there which resulted in my being dressed down about route choice

I bet she enjoyed the initial climb…. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘easy fun off road routes, any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.