Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Easy family rides around Norfolk anyone?
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’m staying in Stiffkey this week, looking for some easy-ish ten mile or so rides. I have an 11 year old who’s not much experience in doing more than round the door stuff and I have a sprained ankle, so spinning rides would be great.

Quite happy to put bikes on car and travel so doesn’t have to be restricted to North Norfolk.

Quite like the idea of a ride along the broads….

Nobby

The Peddars Way?

It’s been a few years but IIRC this was mostly a resurfaced old railway line for walking/cycling.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I thought the Peddars way was the walking path along the NN coast? My old fella’s told me to specifically stay off this as I’d get lynched!

scud
    Free Member

Peddars Way is a bridle way and perfectly fine to ride on, North Norfolf Coastal path which it joins as it reaches the coast is a footpath and there are loads of twitchers, which is probably what he was thinking of.

Nobby

There are a couple of points where cycling is not permitted as per THIS MAP

Kunstler

I grew up in Wells, live away now but I know the area pretty comprehensively. Funnily enough I only traveled back yesterday after spending the week there for carnival.

You have a perfect route right there. Start from Wells quay and ride along the bank down to the beach, there’s NCN route 1 that runs along the back of the pinewoods – you can extend this further once you get to the next car park at Holkham then come back and follow route 1 up into Holkham Park – going past the Hall (there were lots of kids on off road recumbents when I came through yesterday – maybe they now hire them out).

The route goes up to the south boundary of the park and then east, through woods to Cuckoo lodge and down a farm track into the town again. Back at the quay – pancakes and ale aboard the Albatros. There are some fantastic little options that run off from this route that will be okay to ride, even though they won’t be marked on the map. I could sort out a gpx and details of these if you want to send me an email.

cb

How odd, I was just about to post asking for routes from Sheringham as I’m staying there next week.

Kunstler – any suggestions? I’m staying on the sea front right next door to the golf course. I’ll be on my own for the rides and they will likely be at night if that makes any difference.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

cb, coastal path for you then if it’s dark 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Easy family rides around Norfolk anyone?’ is closed to new replies.