Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Easy DIY mudguards.
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

Surely you bang slash your knees/legs to ribbons on that front one constantly

I hate “fixed it for you” posts, but what the hell, I fixed it for you…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

grum
    Free Member

Fender Benders are only a fiver. What hourly rate do you earn? Bet it took at least a fiver’s worth of your time to make and fit those monstrosities. 😛

scruff
    Free Member

OP- Your gear cables aren’t on right.

I dont like your mudguards either and your walls are a disgrace.

stayhigh

You could have someone’s eye out with that

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The front one looks ok, but if that is aluminium or similar It’s very bad idea to have those rough edges on it.

The rear one looks less good, too high and too long.

A few post back you posed the question:

Question. So. Does it matter where you position a mudguard as long as its effective.

Yes, if it could be more effective positioned elsewhere. It needs to much closer to the tyre, At the moment it’s only keeping a small strip down the centre of your back un splattered, a sort of reverse Pepé Le Pew effect

[edit]
    Just spotted the gear cables too. Not good, you want to route the cables so that they take the shortest smoothest line. you’ve added two tight bends where one wider curve would have been better.

gonzy
    Free Member

it wouldn’t surprise me to see either or both of these lurking in your shed/garage:

😆

Wozza
    Free Member

Gonzy this one is the work of a genius;

For what it’s worth OP I reckon you should have another go at that front guard at least.

gonzy
    Free Member

but i want one of these….

[video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vGGlODF7_RY [/video]

chief31
    Free Member

Their good and work perfectly. Job done well.

ndthornton
    Free Member

At the end of the day its a homemade mudguard made from bits of plastic and cable ties…….thats not really the most exciting creation in the world – in fact more of a job than a creation. I could post a picture of me cleaning the bathroom on Saturday morning but I dont think people would be interested.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

op, you ask for comments, here is my comments:

the front looks like it stops some mud, but also looks quite scary with the wide sharp bits near the legs

the rear looks like it needs mounting “a bit” lower where it will be more effective

mega
    Free Member

give the guy a break –

valves and tyre logos line up and there is even colour coded valve cap.

mangatank
    Free Member

Very effective and won’t shatter if I flick a big stone or similar up at it.

Absolutely brilliant! 😆

The front section of drain-pipe/ guttering is an artery-severing, tendon and muscle sheering death trap! One sudden stop on that bike and you’re going to be a brilliant toulouse lautrec impersonator.

chief31
    Free Member

Bullshit. They are not sharp. But it’s a shame your eyesight isn’t as sharp.

kayak23

eyerideit – Member
    I saw a guy in CyB at christmas who made mudguards out of an old tyre.

Like this? Not mine, but they seemed to do the job well….

chief31
    Free Member

Yeah looks like it really works well judging by how much mud is on the frame.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

how does the fork compress??

soobalias
    Free Member

im not sure if i like the rear one or the front one the most.

front is much like a standard crud guard without the rubber section towards the headtube
    the rear is taking the ass saver concept of saddle attachment, but thinner and longer, like its made from an sks chromoplastic

*goes back to check cables*

wwaswas

how does the fork compress??

I worried about that – the black forks brace must hit the ‘guard after about 50% travel’s been reached.

Swirly
    Free Member

Provides extra damping! 🙂

kayak23

Like I say, not mine. I don’t use mudguards save for a a55saver on the back. I wouldn’t want to use it but it’s not really any different to those ‘THE’ ones I don’t reckon. Maybe they sit a bit higher..

Mind you, if you look on the white forks behind you can see it sits within the crown. Unless you are regularly bottoming out your forks (maybe unlikely on most xc rides) then it probably wouldn’t be a big problem..

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Easy DIY mudguards.’ is closed to new replies.