Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • eastridge woods
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

A few of us are thinking of having a meander over here after work tomorrow. We are more interested in the XC element of it. Is it worth a trip?? Or should we go to Long Mind?

Karl33to
    Free Member

Definitely worth a trip, its a great trail. Quite hard going with some tough climbs in places, but if your alternative is the Mynd then you’ve got big climbs either way.

Best way to do it is to set out on the Eastridge trail and at the top head out over the Stiperstones for some natural stuff and a few extra miles as its only short and then join up with the trail again on the way back.

Hopton is also worth a look, infact you can quite easily do all three in a day if you’ve got the legs for it.

wallop

Eastridge is great!

I_Ache
    Free Member

We rode the Eastridge marked trail on Saturday and thought it was rubbish. We were really looking forward to it so we’re properly dissipointed an it felt like one long climb with a short black descent that was brilliant. Granted it was very wet and we meet a local who said it doesn’t cope with the rain well. It actually got to the point where we just couldn’t be bothered to ride and just got off and pushed.

The place is riddled with good looking trails. It is a real shame that we didn’t have the time to go exploring. I think in the dry and with knowledge of the unmarked trails it would be a brilliant place to ride.

At the moment I would much rather spend the day at Hopton, that place is fantastic.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’d do Hopton as well if you’re over that way.

I’ve only done Eastridge once and I didn’t really enjoy it…but I went on Saturday and the trails / weather were pretty grim. It looked as though there were lots of unofficial trails all over the place though. The one black DH that we came across was bloody great though. I’d like to do it again though before writing it off totally. Right not though, I’d choose Hopton.

olly2097
    Free Member

Eastridge is great with the Stiperstones added. It is very rooty and muddy.

personally i’d go to Hopton then Eastridge if you’ve the legs after.

colster808
    Free Member

First tried eastridge when it was dry and dusty and thought it was great. Steep and natural feel with easy navigation. Went back last month after a lot of rain and it was pretty dissapoiting and a bit of a mess. Go to Hopton instead and leave eastridge until it dries out a bit.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Hmm okay. I’ll mention about the mud fest to them. May just Mynd it for a good XC blast. Cheers for the replies though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Funny how mindmap and I said pretty much the same thing. Almost as if we went together.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Even more strange is that we wrote it at the same time…

monkeychild
    Free Member

Well we rode around long Mynd. I bloody loved it. Can’t wait to go back.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Eastridge is crap, in fact the whole of Shropshire is, better off avoiding if I were you..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘eastridge woods’ is closed to new replies.