Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Eastridge Gravity Enduro – anyone going?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Haven’t seen a thread already, anybody else going this weekend?

I’ll be there on my lonesome, riding a white Saracen Ariel – so say hello.

steviep
    Free Member

I will be there too,white Orange alpine and my mate will be with me on a Yeti SB66.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

It had sold out by the time I realised it was on. Gutted ‘cos I went last year and had a great weekend. I’m itching to smash an Enduro at the moment…

Mister-P
    Free Member

Yep, I will be in the big blue Shimano tent spinning the spanners.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cool, anyone know how the ground is there at the mo?

kimbers

me on my maroon ? kona dawg. Ive got a cold and feel like crap but I’m so dying to get out and ride that I will struggle through 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

Shame no “reserves” seem to have made it on the start list, despite quite a few folk dropping out. Ah well, I’ll probably pop down and cheer-lead for a bit.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I was a reserve, but alas, no call 🙁

More fool me for not booking it soon enough!

elliott-20
    Free Member

I was meant to be going but my son is recovering from severe pneumonia and I didn’t feel it was right to be going off on a weekend jolly a few days later. I emailed Steve Parr and he said there was not transfers/refunds this late.

Shame, because there is an entry there, paid for and will go unused.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m going again. I’ll be on a Lapierre Spicy.

AirconAde
    Free Member

We were riding there last night. The conditions are just about perfect, one of our guys got KOM on the undulating run, which is one of the stages for this weekend.

The stages that they have set out use some of best bits of the wood, If your racing there you will enjoy it.

Good luck.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers Ade.

Shame no “reserves” seem to have made it on the start list, despite quite a few folk dropping out.

Why’s that? Something underhand going on?

treemagnet
    Free Member

I`m going with a mate, blue intense tracer and a white/grey trek remedy. Totally unprepared, but looking forward to it.
    Last time I rode there was at a dh in`93.
    Hopefully see some of you guys there.
    Any advice on best way to get there? Heading from swindon area.

chakaping
    Free Member

Dunno from Swindon but from Shrewsbury you head for Habberley and then follow brown signs to Eastridge.

Anyone know if course is same as last year?

kimbers

forecast is looking wet for tomorrow !

AirconAde
    Free Member

From Shrewsbury head south on the A488 till you come to the village of Pontesbury, after you pass the school on your left keep a look out for a left turn for Habberley.
    Travel up the narrow lane until you reach Habberley, look for a fork in the road which will say Eastridge on a brown sign(but I’m guessing that they will have Grav D/H signs leading you there)

A little tip, keep a ear out for Banjo’s and don’t do any rafting!!! We don’t get many new folks round here that often!

AirconAde
    Free Member

Chakaping, some of the stages are the same as last year ( with a few tweeks) and a couple are new for this year but are old D/h runs from a few years ago.

I’m guessing that they will be parking you on the fields, so try and find the highest spot to park and get your motor facing down hill so at least you can start off if its rained. The ground is still pretty soggy so even a little rain will make it hard to get going!

kimbers

well that was excellent great trails organisers and riders !

did everyone get down b4 the rain hit ?

Mister-P
    Free Member

An excellent weekend. Well done to Steve for organising sunshine today.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

It was a great weekend for sure; the trails were even better than last year (thanks to Dangles) and the weather held out too. Steve’s got the timing issues sorted too. I actually managed to get myself on the podium. 😀

MadPierre

Was good. Never ridden there before. P*ssed off when my chain snarled coming into finish despite having a chain device! Any results anywhere yet?

treemagnet
    Free Member

Man, that was tough! Excellent stages, bumped into a few trees (as usual) and had a couple of trips over the bars, but all good. 😀
    The link up parts killed me …really need to get fit!
    Great weekend though!

chakaping
    Free Member

I agree the course was superb. Only had time for one (wet) practice run and it was very hard work on the flatter bits, but by race time mid-morning yesterday it’d dried a lot and was great fun.

Could have done better myself, but no change there I suppose. Too much comfort braking and really missed a dropper post.

Simon
    MadPierre

Hmmm.. 213th for me. Prob my worst one so far result wise. Chain issues on two stages + too much braking! At least I completed it in one piece! Enjoyed it a lot too.

Some poor bugger was being loaded into an ambulance as I left. Hope he’s ok?

chakaping
    Free Member

Surprised that my Stage 5 time was only one sec faster than my seeding. Felt like I was carrying loads more speed, especially at the bottom.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Eastridge Gravity Enduro – anyone going?’ is closed to new replies.