Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Eastridge DH Enduro which bike Orange 5 or Remedy
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

These are my two bikes which would you recommend for the Enduro, on past experience, Remedy has the 36’s up front and the 5 has 150mm 32’s as it happens Remedy is lighter, don’t know why. 😀

bikes

jam-bo

Whichever you ride fastest on.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

err what’s the difference between them?

br
    Free Member

you’ve 2 bikes that are too much alike…

I’d put the 36’s on the 5 😉 and use that

Northwind

Whichever one you like more. I don’t know the Eastridge routes at all but for Ae and Kielder I’d have taken the one that pedals best. Remedy I guess. For Innerleithen I’d take the one that descends better. That’s probably the Remedy too. In short, sell your Five 😉

More seriously, you do seem to have 2 bikes to do one job. I’d take your favourite, build it up with all your favourite bits, and replace the other with something more interesting.

Now for this sort of event, tyres is where you want to agonise :mrgreen: Speed? Puncture resistance? Should you swap to downhill tyres? Maybe something fast on the back? But what about the natural sections? Will mud tyres work on the hardpack? Will you make the start times if your tyres stick to the fire roads? :mrgreen:

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thanks guys, you are right bikes are very similar, Remedy does climb better, DH the 5 has an edge but that could be because I’ve ridden it more, Remedy has only had a few rides, tyres I think I will go Minion super tacky up front and a Ardent rear, if its muddy I don’t have any mud tyres , so maybe just ride what I have, it will be my first event 😀 so a big learning curve 😯

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Eastridge DH Enduro which bike Orange 5 or Remedy’ is closed to new replies.