Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • eastridge – any good?
  • spudly1979
    Free Member

thinking of giving it a try this weekend, looks fairly short, but is it worth a trip?

wallop

If it’s dry, and has been for a few days – yes.

kayak23

Can get boggy up top but it’s great fun. Climb isn’t too bad. Long fire road climb or shorter and steeper Singletrack. Lots of sections to discover, some are pretty steep and gnarlsome…

bigmick25
    Free Member

It is good but fairly short, I wouldn’t travel a long distance for it unless you are going to travel to Hopton as well and make a day of it.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Personally I prefer Hopton.

I’ve only done Eastridge once in the wet and it was very enjoyable…it felt like a slog although we did ride one brilliant DH. It looked there were loads of good bits off the official trails most if which looked more fun than the main trail.

I’d like to go back in the dry to see if it’s any more fun.

ichabod
    Free Member

Yeah its fun – pretty steep and gnarly in places :o) You can make it longer by adding in a loop up over the Stipperstones. My normal circuit is to start at The Bog (yes that is a place name!) then take the track diagonally up onto the Stipperstones. Along the top of the ridge then drop down off the end to Eastridge. Only downside is a big road climb back up at the end.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘eastridge – any good?’ is closed to new replies.