Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Easton rear wheel EA90 12mm to QR? – where can i get conversion kit?
  • somafunk

I’ve tried just about everywhere i can think of including most European websites and quite a few in the states without any luck, does anyone have such an adapter kit lying about their toolbox or know of somewhere to get one?.

The hub is marked as MI-221 which according to Easton means it can be converted, if i could only find the adapters somewhere.

Cheers,

butterbean
    Free Member

Email Easton for the part numbers & then order through your local Easton shop.

Or, you can use a generic adapter, such as this: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=34779

It just a reducer that sits inside the 12mm axle.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Email Extra Uk who will give you the part numbers so you can order them from your nearest dealer…worked for me.

The parts are readily available from Extra but don’t seem to be stocked in shops. The QR to 12×142 kit for my Havoc was £40 for the axle and two end caps. Not that cheap but a piece of p*ss to install.

somafunk

We (i work) in a bike shop and Extra UK are totaly out of stock and as Zyro are about to take over the Easton account spares/back-up are a bit tits-up at the moment, cheers butterbean, according to a review that nukeproof axle may do the job.

The usual story – It’s for a customer who bought a cheap set of Easton wheels from chain reaction a while ago and didn’t consider the axles were different.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I didn’t realise that Zyro were taking over….is that a good or a bad thing? I’ve never really had mch to do with them.

I must have been pretty lucky as it was easy getting hold of mine.

butterbean
    Free Member

I didn’t realise that Zyro were taking over….is that a good or a bad thing? I’ve never really had much to do with them.

Jury is out. There are a lot of people upset with the way EBG manage their OE channels, hence why you repeatedly see their brands being shagged out on price. It’s not very conducive to a manufacturer/distributor/retailer relationship.

Zyro are pretty crap to deal with IME (and mirrored by others opinions) funnily enough the EBG products will be distributed by Pelaton which is a Zyro Sub.

matt1986
    Free Member

Extra arnt distributing Easton anymore but I can’t remember who the new distributors are though but I can find out

matt1986
    Free Member

Are should of read the post above it is zyro who are the new distributors

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve gotto say that I’m one of those people who snapped up some cheapo Easton Havocs from CRC. I was going to get some Hope Hoops but couldn’t resist the 50% off and to be honest I’ve been pretty happy with them so far.

Extra were always pretty good to deal with when I worked in a shop, so if Zyro aren’t great, that’ll be a shame. But I’d Easton do treat distributors with disdain, the relationship will never last.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Easton rear wheel EA90 12mm to QR? – where can i get conversion kit?’ is closed to new replies.