Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Easton Havoc alternatives?
  • honourablegeorge

Have Havocs on my DH/FS bikes, and Havens on my Soul – the Havens feel a bit narrow now, compared to the 750s.

Am thinkign I’ll get something wider for the Soul, default choice is obviously the Havocs, just wondering if there’s anything in between that might suit? Crank Bros do nice looking 740mm carbon bars, but they’re made by Crank Bros. Answer have a 720AM bar, but hardly worth it for just an extra 9mm.

Any suggestions? Lowish rise, 740is width, light?

rocketman
    Free Member

Renthal FatBar?
    Race Face Atlas?
    Spank 777?
    Chromag Fubar?

honourablegeorge

rocketman – Member

Renthal FatBar?
    Race Face Atlas?
    Spank 777?
    Chromag Fubar?

All too heavy, want to stick with carbon.

chakaping
    Free Member

Race Face Sixc were 725mm, new model getting wider but you can probably get the old ones cheap.

Loved mine. Nice shape and really solid but still comfy. Shame my they got nicked.

vinnyeh

Raceface SixC?
    Cut down a pair of Havocs?

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I’ve not got a set of Carbon Havocs but they’re definitely on the shopping list- a make you can trust, the right width, respectably light, expensive but not overpriced..

honourablegeorge

chakaping – Member
    Race Face Sixc were 725mm, new model getting wider but you can probably get the old ones cheap.

Loved mine. Nice shape and really solid but still comfy. Shame my they got nicked.

Yeah, considering those, 725 still a very small increase though

chillidave
    Free Member

It will probably get shouted down but I bought a set of the exotic carbon bars, nice and wide, good shape. First thing I did with them is take them to the alps and they were no issue at all.

Gotama
    Free Member

Enve….although i’ll be buggered if i can find anywhere in the uk that has them in stock.

messiah
    Free Member

Mt Zoom (+ Exotic and probably others all do the same) 175g carbon 740mm bar.

Mt Zoom at XCracer

I might not trust it for DH but probably perfect to get the wide feeling yet at a weenie weight.

toons
    Free Member

I’m selling some carbon havoc’s next week (750mm\31.8), let me know if you’re interested.

Gotama
    Free Member

Thanks wrecker but i should have been more specific in that i’m after the DH bar as the others aren’t wide enough for my fancy.

Toons – will drop you a mail.

Edit – ahh a swift edit. Thanks for that, only Tweeks came up on my googly search.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Easton Havoc alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.