Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Easton haven wheels
  • marco
    Free Member

Hi all
    As above!
    Anyone any real experience with them? Nice looking wheels, very blingy.
    Worth buying? Any real issues?
    Cheers all

chakaping
    Free Member

I got a set with a big discount, like 50%.

Light, stiff enough and tyres go up tubeless easy as they are proper UST.

I wouldn’t pay much more for them as the hubs (famously unreliable in the past) are unproven and don’t have as good engagement as Mavic (for example).

tops5
    Free Member

I put a pair on my hardtail, thought i’d chance it even after iffy feedback on them. Had em about a year now. The hardtail gets used for all the winter slop rides – no issues at all.

Happy with them so taken the plunge and got a S/H pair for my new mega TR

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Havocs that I bought despite being told that they’d explode and they’ve been fine. I’ve just changed the rear bearings after a year and a bit which included a fair amount of wet, nasty riding.

I’ve found them easy to work on when I’ve had to. The rear hub was easy to swap to a different axle and the UST rims are really easy to run tubeless.

As others have said I wouldn’t pay full price and the engagement is not super quick. They make a lot of sense discounted.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I got some when CRC were selling them deed cheap, I think they were the 2012 versions? A set of these…

I would say i ride quite hard and I have them on a bike with 170mm front and 160m rear travel with some big 2.4” tyres so a ‘big’ bike if you like. They did both buckle within 6-8months I have had them trued and are running ok for now (I now ride in the alps on some pretty rough terrain).

The bearings in the rear have gone in the last month however Easton offer a free upgrade for their certain hubs (these 2012 versions included) as they significantly upgraded their bearings (their words) in 2013 revision which I am in the process of getting sorted!

Hope that helps

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

huge problems with their hubs, bearings collapsing and a bizarre system where they use cartridge bearings, then put a preload facility in, hence the plethora of dirt cheap mail order wheels.

As above they released an “upgrade” which they will supply FOC to owners of old models

http://www.eastoncycling.com/en-us/road/news/easton-announces-bearing-spacer-upgrade-kit-for-m1-mountain-bike-hubs/

can’t personally vouch for it working, I nearly got some half price from CRC but was put off by seeing their road hubs repeatedly fail on summer-best bikes ridden by 9 stone girls.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Easton haven wheels’ is closed to new replies.