Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Easton Haven Spoke Length?
  • BigSteve
    Free Member

I’ve managed to pringle a spoke on my Havens. Took it to the bike shop and they couldn’t give me a replacement as they didn’t know what length.

I’ve googled, and been to Havens web site etc. I can find the spoke type (Sapin 2/1.7/2 Black) but can I heck as like find the length.

Any ideas anyone.

geetee1972
    Free Member

You’ll have to order one from the distributor unless you can find some one with straight pull spokes that they can cut to length.

And that’s the faff with factory built wheels. The only place you can get them mended is the distributor. If say you’re in verbier and on day one you break four spokes in your rear carbon haven wheel you either need a bank loan to buy a replacement if hope someone can lend you one for the week (thanks Sam Clutterbuck).

br
    Free Member

Good reason to buy Hope, they come with a couple of spare spokes per wheel.

Popocatapetl

Hi there. i found replacement spokes at Hi Bike.de
    Haven spokes

They did take about 5 weeks to arrive though. If you get stuck, email me, and i will send you one. 😀

BigSteve
    Free Member

Cheers Popo – if you have one to hand could you measure it. It’s a Sapim spoke according to Easton. My LBS has Sapim’s in stock so just need to know how long they should be.

butterbean
    Free Member

They are Sapim spokes.

You just need the correct length. There is nothing special about the spoke itself, the nipple is a double threaded design which is a pain, but the spokes are off the shelf.

stany
    Free Member

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you’ve got a 2 year, no quibble, warranty (if you’re the original owner)
    Otherwise, as GT says, contact Extra UK and they’ll sort your spokes out

geetee1972
    Free Member

Two year warranty was only for the carbon version. Spokes are also straight pull rather than j-bend which is why you can’t just get gem easily repaired at any bike shop.

Popocatapetl

Hi,the spokes are 268mm. HTH

BigSteve
    Free Member

Popcatepeti – That’s brilliant – thanks very much. I’ll get down to the LBS tomorrow and get 1/2 a dozen ordered.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Easton Haven Spoke Length?’ is closed to new replies.