• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by wl.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Easton ARC30 or Stans Flow Mk3?
  • Speeder

About to build some wheels and just looking at these 2 as rim choices.

Both 30mm, both about the same weight and both look pretty good. I know the Flows will be good but what are the ARCs like? I like the idea of the low flange on the Stans stuff to help prevent pinches and dings.

Anyone any experience of them both?

Bear in mind that the ARCs are nearly 1/2 the price of the Flows on CRC at the moment.

I could also run the Arch Mk3s as I’m only running up to 2.5″ tyres and 30mm is probably overkill really but I fancy giving them a go.

riklegge

I’ve ridden previous versions of flow’s, and have arc 27 at the moment. Front arc has been fine, I managed to damage the rear while running (too) low pressures. I’ve not damaged a flow despite running the same pressures and over the same terrain. This could just be luck, and the price on CRC for the arc is very good but when I come to replace my wheels it will be with either flow or arch.

mboy
    Free Member

If paying full price, I’d probably get the Flows. At the price on CRC at the moment, then I wouldn’t look past the ARC’s.

gelert
    Free Member

Had no problems with the Arch MK3s (26mm) I had laced to my Hope Hubs replacing some Flow EXs. Running 20F/25R PSI on Schwalbe 2.35s and haven’t burped or dinged anything yet. Had (still got a set) the old Flow EXs (25.5mm) and the new Arch MK3s definitely make the tyre more rounded and wider than the older Flow EXs due to not having a lip on the rim but benefit from being lighter overall. I’m really happy with the Arch MK3s.

wl
    Free Member

Arc 27s on my P7 have been great. Got a dent in the sidewall on the rear but it’s holding up fine and isn’t leaking air. It’s a hardtail in the Pennines, so it has a hard life. Had 26″ Arch Ex on my last bike and they were great too – no dents or issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Easton ARC30 or Stans Flow Mk3?’ is closed to new replies.