Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Easter weekend, we had the Bienn a Ghlo loop to ourselves. Where was everyone?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Murr and I rode the Bienn a Ghlo today. We got there early expecting to see a car park full of walkers and riders.

In total we saw five hikers and one other rider. Thirty five mile loop was powder dry and the rivers fordable.

We met Vorlich in the car park on our return.

matt_outandabout

They were all on Ben A’an…along with hundreds of walkers. 😉

Ben A’an summit crowds by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Looks like we won the peace and quiet lottery.

matt_outandabout

So did we on Ben Venue, pottering about back lanes and woods, and early doors up Dumyat. I wonder if Comrie is a go tomorrow…

crazy-legs

It was amazingly quiet in the Peak District today as well. Castleton was busy (as usual) and Cavedale had the normal collection of walkers but outside of that, saw barely a soul. Far fewer people than a normal weekend, never mind Easter Sunday!

Maybe everyone was in the Trafford Centre…

vorlich
    Free Member

Nice to meet you. I got my ice cream and have continued to gorge myself since discovering some unexpected Easter eggs at home. 35 miles today, but potentially overcaloried now.

Feshie was it’s usual lovely self:

Kunstler

I speed read the title as ‘Beinn a Gloop’. Obviously it wasn’t. I was working today but making plans for next Sunday and Bheinn a ‘Ghlo is the prime candidate.

That pic of Ben A’an really threw me having a big mountain behind it. I guess it’s the angle and the zooming.

scotroutes

I’m in the middle (well, a bit more than the middle) of a Corrieyairack/Loch Ossian loop and have similarly met few folk outside of Fort Augustus and Fort William.

lightning
    Free Member

Saturday was a lovely afternoon in the Peak District, l did a loop taking in part of the Pennine Bridleway, did not see a single bike.
    I had the trail to myself. Maybe everybody went out in tbe morning, as l set off about 3pm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Easter weekend, we had the Bienn a Ghlo loop to ourselves. Where was everyone?’ is closed to new replies.